Thursday, July 3, 2014

For this Child we Prayed ~ Happy Birthday to Her!

Our beautiful daughter turned 28 on the 28th day of June. For this child, we prayed, and the Lord granted our petition, special delivery, a precious jewel from God. 


She has filled our hearts and our home with joy! 
I am blessed every day to be her mother.


Before she was born, whenever The Man and I said grace at the table we joined hands. But one of our hands always remained empty. And I remember imagining having a plump little hand nestled in our empty ones and how only then would a complete circle be formed around the table—our very own family circle.


When a child is born, so is a family, and I’m thankful to God that our little family circle remains unbroken, our history all in one frame. We are so very blessed.


On Monday, The Man and I made a turnaround trip home to surprise the birthday girl at her family birthday dinner. It was so worth it. She let out a little scream when we walked in and Julian said his heart "skipped a beat or two." (I love that kid!)

My amazing twin sister, Gayle, hosted the event. She had the tables and walls decorated with photos of Anna through the years. Yes, I shed a few tears remembering the special child who unexpectedly came into our lives 28 years ago, and how thankful I am for the family who embraced her. 

I told The Man just the other day, "We are rich in all the things that matter." Those who have a supportive family understand what that means.

Until next time, sweet friends, may these days of summer find you cool and calm.


***


20 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and loving tribute for a very special daughter! She is gorgeous and I love seeing all the photos. Each of you are truly blessed!

    I've had major computer issues and have missed visiting! Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend ~

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, happy birthday to your sweet girl and your family circle, Dayle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww..a wonderful surprise for Anna to be sure! What a beautiful young woman she is and also truly blessed to have such a marvelous family! There is no doubt in my mind, it was a birthday she will always remember and cherish! Blessings and happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great tale of the family circle! What a beautiful blessing of a daughter you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your beautiful daughter! Soo glad you were able to pop back home and make her day complete! What a wonderful surprise! May the Lord richly bless her in the years to come! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful daughter! A very happy birthday to her. This was what my daughter always referred to as the "magical birthday." (Turning the same age as the date of your birth...13 on the 13th, 20 on the 20th, or as in your daughter's case, 28 on the 28th).

    What a gift God gives us in the children he gives us. Rejoicing with you in your special and beautiful gift.

    Happy 4th of July,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post and I loved the photos. The three of you are a beautiful family and I'm thankful God answered your prayers with beautiful Anna.

    Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A belated Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! Ours is a year younger, and I'll never forget the day I got the call to say she'd been born. I join you in your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy (belated) 28th to Anne Marie!
    ... I'd be remiss if I didn't say thanks for the party favors (aka, these delightful photos)! Wishing you many more collage moments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dayle! What a beautiful party for a beautiful gift from God. She is a lovely, sweet woman. How could she be anything else? She had you for a parent!
    Thank you for sharing all these photos with us too :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  12. A *belated* birthday to your beautiful daughter! What a lovely surprise for a very lovely woman! Yes, God blesses us with some wonderful gifts, doesn't He?!

    May He richly bless her this coming year!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful daughter from a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean Dayle when you said, 'We are rich in all the things that matter.' My girls are the greatest gift God blessed me with. Your daughter is beautiful and my mom's heart hears your pride and love and gratitude over her. I hope this year shines more than ever for her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. By the obvious lateness of this comment, you can tell just how turned around I am these days. Happy Belated Birthday to your beautiful daughter.

    I realized looking at your pictures that all three of you sisters have a daughter around the same age, don't you? That's really neat to me. I loved what you said about being rich in the things that matter. TRUE. TRUE. TRUE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Debbie. Our girls are about the same age. Mine and twin sister's are six months apart and big sis's daughter is two years older.

      Delete
  16. What a sweet post. A very happy (belated) birthday to your beautify, BE.YOU.TIFUL girl!

    Hugs and happy weekend,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  17. With confidence I say this blessing worked both ways . . .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday (a wee bit late) to your lovely daughter! Love the photos! So many treasured moments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late to the party, too!
    I like all the photo displays, so loving!
    You have a very charming and beautiful family. The love just is so evident.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle