Friday, August 1, 2014

Exciting News, First Installment

Dear friends, the first installment of the exciting news I've been teasing you with can now be revealed. If things stay on course, and the good Lord is willing, The Man and I are going to be grandparents on or around February 27, 2015! 


As I witnessed my daughter's first ultrasound yesterday morning, and beheld this tiny being, bouncing around, waving teeny-tiny hands in the air, with a fast and strong heartbeat, my tears spilled over and I fell instantly in love. You grandmothers already know that feeling, don't you? The miracle of life never gets old.

With my grandnieces, sugar plum and pie, in my life, I have plenty of experience, and I'm now looking forward to holding my own grandchild (boy or girl doesn't matter) in my arms. 


Upon hearing the news that my grandbaby was on the way (we first got the news on my daughter's birthday, no less), my heart has been full and my hands have been in motion. 


Believe me, I'm not an expert at crocheting, but I can read a pattern and stitch by stitch, with multiple unravelings in between, I hope to end up with something similar to this. The Man walked through the living room the other night, only to find me unraveling yet another strip, and asked, "You think you're gonna finish that by February?" Ah, such faith he has in me.

One of the first things my daughter asked me was, "Mom, what sweet name are you going to call my baby?" I thought that was the sweetest thing, and I remember my niece asking the same question when she was pregnant with the little one I now call pie. I assured my daughter that this baby would have its own special name, and it will.

There will be challenges along the way, no doubt, but we're in good hands. The giver of life holds all of our tomorrows and I've learned that He can be trusted.

I should have other exciting news in the weeks to come, but that is more than enough for now. Until next time, sweet peeps, I'm fairly beaming.


***


26 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...... how exciting!!!! Congrats!!!!Grands are amazingly wonderful!!! I know. I have 4!!!!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how precious, sweet Dayle! Praise the Lord for His rich blessings and goodness :) Congratulations to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm congratulations! Nothing finer than a new member of the family. Life will never be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you! Enjoy creating baby bits and pieces.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dayle, I am so happy for all of you! I can hear the excitement in your voice through this post...what a wonderful blessing! Your life will never be the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is so good. I am so very happy for you and your family.....
    Smiles,Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dayle - first of all, Congratulations! What an exciting time for you and your daughter! Just imagine our shock at the sonogram when we realized there were two in there. They had a rough first few months because they were almost three months early but now are bouncing little butterballs. It starts a whole new chapter in your life. Looking forward to hearing more.

    Thanks for dropping by 20 North Ora.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know how happy I am for all of you. I can't wait to do some serious grandmother shopping together. Maybe even take a grandmother trip with Big Sis. :-) Praying for a safe and full-term pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous, happy, joyful news!!! Congratulations to you all, and get busy with those baby projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Dayle, that is the most wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to everyone! God is good & greatly to be praised! Looking forward to seeing this beautiful blanket with your precious grand baby. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! There are no words to describe the love a grandmother feels for her grandchild. You're already beginning to feel that love. Just wait until the sweet baby arrives! Your heart will feel as though it will explode with love.

    You will finish the blanket, it will be lovely and a treasure your sweet Anna will keep forever. Enjoy this journey, Dayle. I'm so happy for you and will pray for a healthy baby and that Anna remains healthy and well during these months of carrying her baby, your grandchild, to term.

    Give Stan my congratulations! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful post to open this morning!! I'm so very happy for you and praising God right along with you. I have long felt that you would be a wonderful grandmother. I'm not just saying that, either. I can feel your love for Sugar Plum and Pie when you write of your time together. You and The Man will be on a whole different cloud nine.

    Truly, I can't think of anyone who "deserves" a grandchild more.
    OK, except me...

    Just kidding. Right now, I'm still trying to pray up a couple of Mr. Rights.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The news you've been waiting to share was well worth the wait.
    You will be the best Grandma Dayle ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am soo pleased and excited for you! There is just nothing honestly better than the role of grandma...You are going to make a WONDERFUL one! Congratulations to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course you are beaming! :) Congratulations ! :) Being a grandma is a blessed thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Dayle! Wonderful news! There will be so many blessings to come. Other news? You're full of surprises, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
    How exCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITING!

    Happy, happy news! Thank you for making our day!

    Hugs and happy crocheting,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful news!! A big congrats!

    And I just love that precious ultrasound photo! God does such amazing things - and the miracle of being fearfully and wonderfully made in a mother's womb ranks right up there!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations. Grandparents are such a blessing in the life of parents and grandchildren. I asked my eighteen-year-old son tonight who his closest friend was and he said, "Pa. I know lots of other kids well, but..." He has plenty of friends, but there's no one like his grandpa. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh.My.Goodness .... I just squeaked out-loud! (I've been away much too long!) Dayle, I'm so very, very happy for you and your hubby. Can't wait to read more in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your piece is beautiful! I wish I could one for my babies. It's such a lost art. I do have a friend who is working on one for my baby girl who is due for arrival on Jan 28. Isn't it exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and your family! I never understood all the "grandmother" chatter, etc., until Alex was born. I think God enlarges your heart or perhaps gives you another because there is such immense love! You think you can't love anyone more than your own children but it happens! :) Enjoy every precious moment my friend. We had Abby almost 16 yrs and it felt like 16 minutes.

    I've had so many technical/internet issues that I haven't been able to visit. So happy to be able to do so, especially after reading this!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle