Friday, December 26, 2014

The Making of Cupcake's Cupcake Hat

After a few false starts with difficult patterns, I managed to find a cupcake hat that really made me smile, with a pattern that wasn't too complicated for me to follow. I like the fact that this one is made in two pieces, then put together separately. The most important part of making this hat, in my opinion, was using a "marker" in order to keep up with where each row began. I improvised and used a tiny hair clip, which you will see in one of the photos. It worked just fine.

I didn't attempt to capture each step, but the photos should carry you along. My apologies for the inconsistent color in the photos, which is due to a flash on some and not on others. 

A link to the pattern is included at the end of this post.

I can't wait to see cupcake wearing her cupcake hat. Can you believe we're only nine weeks away from due date? Me neither.










Is this not adorable? The pattern adds "sprinkles" but I will probably leave mine plain, as I think I prefer it that way. You can find the pattern here.


I'm linking up with Cindy for Friday's Show and Tell.



10 comments:

  1. How sweet, Dale. I will follow that link. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Dayle, I can't believe it is only 9 weeks away. Cupcake is going to look precious in that hat. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, that is THE cutest thing I have seen in a good long time. I almost want one for myself - (though mine would be more of a pound cake than a cupcake! LOL!)

    Can't wait to celebrate the arrival of this precious girl, Dayle!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just so sweet, Dayle. What cute pictures will be captured with Cupcake wearing her cupcake.

    Rebekah is due tomorrow. We are hoping he makes an appearance before the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, but Dayle, sprinkles using the bouillon stitch would be SEW adorable! Lol! Is this not THE most adorable hat! I'm going to share this with my Dana. She's been crocheting a lot lately and does a lovely job like you do. I am GOING to teach myself to crochet! AMEN! Because surely I'll be joining you at some point in future YEARS to the world of grandmotherdom.

    Cannot wait to see little cupcake in her adorable cupcake topper! Have you heard that song, "You're My Cuppy-Cake"? Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YfOjrtu_u4 Ben and Erica played that in their March 2014 wedding as their niece and nephew were pulled up the aisle in a little red Flyer wagon.

    Hugs and happy weekend,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's adorable! And I could NEVER make it.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot tell you how happy I am about CUPCAKE coming to your life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks really really nice! I have learned how to knit before but I guess I don't really remember how to do it. but you did a really good job on it :D!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cupcake is going to look adorable in that cupcake hat!!!! i do love to crochet up a sweet gift, too!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle