Saturday, January 24, 2015

Tiny Shoes and Glimpses of Pure Innocence


Well, well ... I crocheted another tiny pair of shoes, winging the pink part as I went. (Don't look too closely.) I can't imagine they will stay on little feet for very long, but I had fun making them.


On Friday, I had a 3D glimpse of my precious cupcake. Oh, my, be still my heart! I don't know how much love one heart can hold, but mine for her is overflowing already. I see piles and piles of sugar to be had. As I watched the video that accompanied the photos, watching her suck her thumb, wave her little hands, kick her tiny feet, I was once again overwhelmed by the miracle of birth, and how anyone believes that anyone has the right to snuff out such a little life is beyond comprehension. In the words of Eunice Kennedy Shriver"Having sure knowledge of the uniqueness and potential of the life within a mother's womb, I cannot grasp how we can righteously claim authority to destroy it."


Sugar plum came on Thursday. It had been too long since I shared her company and what a sweet day it was. 

What she is wearing here, other than the little headband I made for her, is a white dress that belonged to her mother. I’ve had it on a hanger for the last 20+ years and when she wanted to play dress-up, I pulled it out and she couldn’t have looked more breathtaking in it. Her first reaction, on seeing herself in the mirror, was, “Oh, Aunt Dayle, I do look pretty, don’t I?” I assured her she was a stunning beauty. 

She said she looked like she was getting married and we talked about that for awhile (my heart nearly gave out, thinking of her getting to be so grown up). My favorite passage of the day came when she said, “But first, I’ll have to fall in love, and then I’ll get married.” I told her, yes, that would no doubt come first. And then she said, “You know who I’m gonna fall in love with?” I said, “No, who are you gonna fall in love with?” Without missing a beat, she said, “My daddy.” Oh, the pure innocence of a child, and how precious that she wants to fall in love with, and marry, a man like her daddy.

You’ve heard it said, “A little girl’s first love is her daddy,” and how he treats her sets the tone for many of the relationships in her life. What a responsibility it is to be a father, and I pray the Lord will raise up more honorable and praying fathers among us.

This has been a rambling post, so forgive me. Happy weekend, dear  peeps. Thanks for keeping me company here.

***


20 comments:

  1. That photo in utero is amazing! They sure didn't have things like that when I had mine. I do agree that a good daddy sets the tone for men you pick later in life. Never having a father, I do believe, I had no idea what to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking. Little girls wanting to marry Daddy just makes me smile. You know we saw Hollis in 3D 6 days before he arrived. It was amazing to see how accurate the photos were. Your Cupcake is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is melting, Dayle :) Such sweetness and like you said, such precious innocence.

    Enjoy your evening, sweet lady. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No apologies needed!!! Very sweet post.
    Miss Sugar Plum looks breathtaking!!!! How nice also to see a little girl playing with a dollie. I am sadden that my two granddaughters never really play with dolls. They do like to look pretty and like to dress up.....and think their daddy is the best!!! Even in stores you hardly ever (can't remember when) see little girls toting a doll. Mine never left my side!!!
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every little girl's first love should be her daddy. I remember sitting in on one of my daughter's ultrasounds (not 3D). My heart grew three sizes. I am so excited for you! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be the best grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is not a thing to forgive, dear Dayle-- only a blessing to speak upon you for these sentiments that brought tears to my eyes. I am filled with joy. Thank you for enriching my evening.

    Hugs and happy weekend,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I LOVE those little shoes! Soo sweet. But that 3D picture! I love how they can do that. I can't wait till Melody has her's done. And a love of a girl for her daddy...well it just can't be compared can it? I remember well Melody saying she wanted to marry her daddy and telling me we can just share mommy, lol. Soo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious post this is! She does indeed look so sweet and pretty. She must have loved wearing that dress. When my littlest granddaughter is a bit older, she will get to wear her mama's dresses that I've saved. I'm not wishing for time to speed by, however. I love all these moments. Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your post, God bless mom and baby! I too believe in the right to life. I cringe when people compare their pets to babies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness...the little shoes are just precious and my first thought when I saw that photo of sugar plum was how she has grown so! What a little beauty she is in that white dress. Isn't it just nearly unbelievable to be able to see inside the womb at those 4D ultrasound pics?! I saw something that a friend of mine put on her fb page and I immediately thought of you and hoped to be able to share it. Going to try to add the link to this comment...if that doesn't work, I will email it to you. Love this post!
    OK...it's not going to work...check your email :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so amazed at the new ultrasounds. The little shoes you made are so sweet. Don't we just adore our grandchildren. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Dayle, how thrilling to see little cupcake's gorgeous little face----with those tiny chubby cheeks even! Oh what a true miracle.

    And sweet pea is so precious. Oh, no WONDER your heart is overflowing with love! No wonder! So happy for you. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy you get to be there for those special moments!! They are precious. I love the shoes by the way...what a great treasure she will always have!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those little shoes are absolutely adorable and so are your grandchildren.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Dayle, this blog makes my heart happy! Thank you for sharing a glimpse of Cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linking to this post and the previous one today...the preciousness of its theme fills me with such joy for the loved child and such sorrow for lost, lonely and unloved...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just wait...... it gets even better and better.
    And when you think it can't get better, it does!
    God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a sweet babe! The slippers will be darling.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Dayle, I know your heart is overflowing! Isn't the 3D technology amazing? I can't wait for the first pix of your three A's together. Won't Ainsley and Audrey set adorable examples?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle