Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cupcake Has Arrived

In the galaxy of newborn babies, a bright new star twinkles. Our sweet Arabella Marie arrived Friday afternoon, March 6th, at 1:54 in the afternoon.


My precious cupcake.


8 lbs, 12 ozs, 20" long



The moment I saw her, I fell deeply and madly in love, just as I knew I would.



She is only five days old and already I look at her and hear the sound of music, the reading of poetry. I hold her close and feel the most profound joy surge through me. 


She is here, my darling cupcake, and nothing will ever be the same, not the sun, the moon, the sea, or the stars. In five short days, she has changed everything, and I can't imagine my world without her in it.


On the day she was released to go home, we celebrated with cupcakes, of course.


Later, the hospital photographer came to take her newborn photos. My daughter had her dressed so cute, and the pictures turned out amazing. During a break, I captured this sweet moment between mommy and her precious baby girl. To see them together makes my heart ache, in a bittersweet kind of way.


have been helping with the night shifts, until mommy is stronger. In the deep night hours, when it's just me and cupcake, I watch her sleeping, hear her breathing. I kiss her cheeks and wish that I could shield her from anything that could ever hurt her. I know I can't, of course, but I'll always be her advocate, one who prays for her and cheers her on, who loves her unconditionally and without measure.

Dear friends, my heart is full. My days and nights are busy. I may be even more scarce in blogland than I have been in recent weeks. Just know that Memaw is stealing sugar from cupcake as often as possible.

Until next time, sweet kindred spirits, on this Wednesday morning, I wish for you soft places and sweet faces. 


***

25 comments:

  1. Oh my...she is just beautiful...congratulations, Grandma..or whatever she will call you! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I'm so excited for you and looking forward to watching her grow through your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I hope you print this post off for her as a keep-sake. your words are almost as precious as Cupcake!! God bless you all in what is surely the best this life gives us.Newborn babies are heaven's smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm congratulations to your family...she is simply adorable. Enjoy these special days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grinning from ear to ear, Dayle. Your heart will never be your own again!!!! She is beautiful!
    My littlest "cupcake" is one year old today. That first year just flies by. Enjoy every moment of it, Dayle. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Dayle. I knew you must have been enjoying that little cupcake. Ah, your description of something so indescribable is perfect. There really are no words to share the emotion of holding that sweet bundle in your arms for the first time when you become Grandma, or Memaw or Nona. My babies just left this morning, and although there is chaos and noise and clutter when they are here, it's still magical. Enjoy each and every precious moment with Arabella Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congratulations to all!
    She has a sweet name, that sweet daughter of God.
    What a blessing she is :)

    Enjoy this precious time...

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I told you so! Grandchildren, the power of the love for them is overwhelming. She is so beautiful, Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for this sweet little bundle of joy added to your family ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing this. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Dayle - she is just precious! You will find that every day with her is more special than the day before. Enjoy every single second as she grows up so quickly. Blessings to Mom and the whole family.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous baby! I can tell just by looking at these photos that she smells wonderful! Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray! What wonderful news. Congratulations. They are so precious, aren't they? Have a wonderful week!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's just nothing in the whole wide world quite like it, is there? Congratulations to you and your family - your lives have changed forever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, she's precious! And I love her name!
    Teresa
    http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. your arabella cupcake is gorgeous! oh the sweetness you have expressed here and the JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the Grandmothers Club! Arabella is beautiful and I'd just love it if you'd give her an extra kiss on the cheek from me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is our new shining star, for sure. Aunt Gayle is in love, too, and I see fun days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Dayle, she is beautiful! So happy to see this; I'd been peeking in on you since cupcake's due date and praying that all was well.
    Welcome to the world, Arabella. You're so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been thinking of you and DD and DGD for several days... I'm ecstatic with joy and wonder and love for your new life. Welcome to the family precious cupcake! We've been looking forward to meeting you!

    Hugs and happy, happy, happy,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here's a toast to all us grandmothers. God has truly blessed us. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! I almost missed this and I have been watching for this post! Shes sooo beautiful! Congratulations! And welcome to grandmahood! You will find it to be the BEST season our wonderful God has blessed us with! Your heart bursts and your joy can barely be contained. Enjoy and cherish every little moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. FINALLY.... A beautiful baby girl.... your very own "Cupcake" has made her debut.... She is just gorgeous... Congratulations to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Dayle.....She is here!!!!!! She is gorgeous!!!!! More precious than a million diamonds!!!!!! Cupcake is here!!!!!!

    Truly, she is an incredibly beautiful little baby. Oh my GOODNESS. Praise the Lord and strike up a chorus of angels. I am SOOOOO HAPPY for you and for the whole family. This was the most joyful news of the entire month! Love to you all. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  24. I knew if anyone could describe LOVE, it would be YOU and you did!
    There is nothing, nothing better then to hold a grandchild, smell, touch, sing, kiss. The next best thing is to do it with your daughter, the new mom!
    Let me be on the long list of others, to Congratulate you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. aww.... she couldn't be more beautiful, more precious! So very, very happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle