Friday, April 10, 2015

Scenes from a Blessed Life in April

Dear fellow-travelers, as I write, it is Thursday afternoon. The sun is playing peek-a-boo with the clouds. Rain is in the forecast. April showers and all that. Spring is doing her yearly dance. The wind, a familiar companion, blows through the wind-chimes out back, sending magical music rushing through the open windows, the sound of it soothing my soul.  


Recently, The Man and I took to the highways for a little day trip, off to chase the bluebonnets that Texas is known for in spring. We found them, and, somehow, as they always do, they brought peace. 


God’s artwork on display, free to all who will stop and look and hear and feel.


It's OK to be different. That's a relief.


Did you have a nice Easter weekend? All I wanted for Easter was at least one good picture of cupcake with her Memaw. I may be a little biased, but I think that baby girl outdid herself on this one, don't you?

Speaking of Easter, I love the second verse of the old song, "Because He Lives," written by Bill and Gloria Gaither. It seemed extra fitting this year:

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!





I hope your Easter was beautiful in every way. I'm so glad I'm a believer and I've never been more sure of my faith than I am today. In times of doubt and distress, I can’t imagine not believing in God, not knowing and experiencing that, in my times of weakness, His strength is made perfect, that He hears and answers prayer.


Until next time, sweet friends, the days they are a flying. Thanks for your company. Your footprints here always sweeten my day. Thank you.


***


12 comments:

  1. Sweet cupcake and Memaw picture, Dayle. Perfect.
    Beautiful bluebonnets. One day I want to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayle, your pictures and words have my heart exploding with songs of praise and hope on this gray April day. thank-you and God bless you and your most adorable little 'cupcake'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby! Aren't grands just one of God's biggest blessings? Love your photos of the blue bonnets.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss those bluebonnets! Such a pretty baby.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. *tears*

    That's all I can manage.

    XO,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...those bluebonnets...they take my breath away and hope one day to see them in person. Cupcake couldn't be more adorable if she tried and I can tell her memaw loves to spoil her...perfect picture! Yes, life IS worth the living because He lives!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dayle, those are beautiful bluebonnets. I don't know that we get those in California - at least not in my neck of the woods! And Cupcake - there aren't enough words to tell you how precious she is! (But I have a feeling that you already know that!!)

    Truly, we are blessed in our lives. God graciously gives us beauty, family, and the unshakable gift of His grace!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That image of you and cupcake is a Treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dayle! We saw photos of the Texas bluebonnets on the national news. So pretty, and so MANY! That little of pop of red is an 'Indian Paintbrush'. The news showed those too.
    Your granddaughter is so peaceful and beautiful! You did get some great shots of her, and it's fun to see the smile on your face too. Nothing like grandchildren. I can see that you had a wonderful Easter. Blessings to you and yours :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I love the Indian paintbrush as well. We get lots of those too. Bluebonnets are the state flower of Texas.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful bluebonnets; beautiful baby! Both blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle