Friday, April 3, 2015

Scenes from a Blessed Life

After a week of amazing blue skies and sunshine, April dawned with its signature showers. As much as I love sun-drenched days, my spirit craves the occasional rainy day to soothe the dry places, to fill up the cracks that the stress and strain of life can bring.


Our darling Arabella is growing and changing every day. She fills me up with joy and takes my breath away.


My parents got to meet her for the first time last week. She was a big hit, as you can imagine, their third great-granddaughter. As I watched them adoring her, it was hard to keep back the tears, the circle of life all there in a single frame. 


I don't believe I showed you cupcake's newborn photos. Aren't they wonderful? The photographer who came by the hospital room to do the photo shoot was amazing with babies and captured all of these in a few short minutes.


Perhaps my favorite was the one of my daughter holding her daughter. No words.

Well, dear friends, I am so far behind in keeping up with you all, and I do miss knowing what you’re up to. I hope you will forgive me. Truth is, I hardly have time to blog these days, only in bits and pieces and then, by some small miracle, it all comes together, although not very cohesive I fear. Another season of life is here and who knows where it will lead? I just know that I'm going to squeeze every ounce of joy out of it that I can.

Easter is upon us. I do hope yours is all you hope for. Speaking of Easter, one day last week, I drove to the cemetery where my in-laws are buried. 


Brookside is one of the most beautiful cemeteries in Houston, with trees that are hundreds of years old. 



I used to visit often, whenever we lived closer, but there's something about Easter that draws me here, as it gives death meaning. As I strolled around, soaking in the day, I remembered this verse of Scripture: “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.” (Romans 8:11) What a day that will be.

Until next time, dear friends, may the hope that Easter brings live in your hearts today and always.


***



15 comments:

  1. No words, Dayle. Maybe just beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Your daughter and granddaughter - you must be so happy every time you see them/think of them. I'm glad you can welcome the rain. I'm with my son and his family and it is snowing here in Alberta and very cold. Whatever the weather, Easter will dawn as promised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arabella already has such personality! What a charmer. Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cupcake is getting more adorable by the day...and those sweet cheeks...oh my goodness!! Precious photos, one and all...and yes, the hospitals are taking some wonderful shots theese days too. The photos of my newborns back in the day were taken straight out of the oven...swollen and still discolored :( May your Easter Sunday be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the one with Mommy & Cupcake too!! She's smiling!!! Precious!!!
    Beautiful pictures and a beautiful peaceful looking cemetery.
    Enjoy your new role and have a Blessed Easter!!!
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous baby! I love that photo of your daughter holding her.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the pictures of you sweet cupcake. Have a joyous Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Such precious photos of the sweet, sweet baby and all of you who love her!
    And I too often think of that unending circle of life and how blessed we are to be a part of it.
    Thank you for the beautiful photos and words...
    A happy and blessed Easter to you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness....such precious, beautiful picture! The wonder of a new life just honestly can't be described fully until you stand in the shoes of "grandma". Soo happy for you. Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dayle! I'm just dropping by to wish you a Happy Easter. May God bless you and yours with his abundant love in this holy season. Happy Spring too, and congrats on the birth of your new grandchild :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter dear blogging friend! Give your precious Arabella a tiny squeeze and kiss on her soft cheeks for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The picture of Anna and Arabella shows what words can't describe. Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little girl is just adorable...I can see why your cup is full to overflowing. Yes, what a day that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Dear Dayle....I thought I left a comment on this post but don't see it. Just wanted you to know I think Arabella is a truly beautiful little baby girl. She must fill your heart with immense love, and her Mama's, too! What a little precious darling, so fresh from the hand of God. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. You new grand baby is just adorable :)

    I hope you had a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle