Monday, June 1, 2015

Listening to Trees ~ Monday Musings

One day last week, something stirred inside of me, a familiar stirring that prompts me to seek out a quiet place, a place to relax my shoulders, to inhale the outdoors, a place to just breathe.

The weather was dreary, a light drizzle falling, mirroring my heart. With nobody needing me, I put on my galoshes, grabbed my umbrella and drove a few miles from home to a place that offers trees and land and sky.

I found a place to park, popped my umbrella and walked down a gravel road that runs in circles. As the rain dripped around me, the gravel crunching beneath my feet, I had a conversation with myself—one of those talks that can leave you feeling empty, drained of life itself.

When I reached a bend in the road, I paused and studied the trees. They were heavy from weeks of rain, but there they were, bowed but not bent.

In the silence of the moment, I was struck by how they seemed to be listening to my words ... and how they seemed to be speaking back to me. We're still standing tall, they seemed to say, but our strength is not our own. The same One who brings us rain, will bring us sun again.

It’s possible, I believe, to hear with your heart, when no words are spoken, but all is felt in the deepest part of your soul.

Until next time, dear friends, when life brings you rain, remember the message of the trees.


***

Photo credit: Google image

11 comments:

  1. Very good message from the trees.

    Thank you for sharing and God's blessings on you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. We have to listen to our hearts (and the trees).

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. He causes rain in His perfect timing, and He will once again bring the sun. After all, He gave us the SON to shine forever in our lives!

    This was beautiful, Dayle. I leave your place today filled with peace.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful, Dayle. You are so right- there are hidden message all around us- we only need to seek them out and be open to them. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a good pair of galoshes and a rainy day now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find a positive in the negative.
    But to do that, you take yourself out of the "rush" and find solitude somewhere peaceful.
    Good lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dayle...I so agree with you. There are days when I crave this kind of quiet time and I most certainly agree that God uses His creation to speak to us in many ways. More and more I am finding that I need these times. A beautiful post that spoke right to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing ... This is just what I need right now ... A quite place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain causes us to grow, although I often wish there was a less painful way . . . I need to talk out some things today alone, too -- maybe I should sit near the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you "entertained another angel" . . .

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle