Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Facebook ~ That Love Hate Thing We Do

A few months ago, I wrote a newspaper column about my Facebook pet peeves. I didn't list them all, of course, just those in the top tier. You can read that column at the end of this blog post, if interested. 

Facebook will always be a love/hate relationship for me. But, hey, the world isn't perfect. There's so much about it I hate, but I love keeping up with friends all over the country, especially those I haven't seen in way too long. I love sharing my highlights and sometimes my "lowlights" with friends. They laugh with me, pray for me, cheer me on. What could be bad about that? 

As for all of those quotes that get passed around, sometimes I lament over the seemingly lack of original thought these days, but there are times when seeing quotes or shared photos makes me smile or think, sometimes both. I even started saving some in a folder on my computer. 

The following are just a few good ones that I've seen lately. I've selected both funny and serious, just to keep it interesting. 




































I'd be interested to know how you feel about Facebook. I'm guessing the same as I do. It's a love/hate relationship.



Here's the promised article. Until next time, sweet friends, keep on posting.


9 comments:

  1. Oh, you forgot the ones that say "If you love Jesus, share this post and keep it as your status for the next 30 minutes. If not, keep on scrolling." OR "Let's see how many "likes" we get so all cancer will be cured forever." OR "If you share this with at least 10 people, God will bless you!" Oh believe me Dayle...I'm so with you on this! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand those either. I mean, seriously? And even worse are those who say, "BMW is giving away a car. Just like this and have a chance to be a winner." Do people really fall for that?

      Delete
  2. Good post, and good article.
    Just a few days ago, I got off of Facebook.
    I decided that I wanted to mind my own business, and promote other people minding their own business too... *smile**.
    Guess I'm old~fashioned in my way of thinking :)

    Have a sweet day.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. I so wish people would keep most of their business to themselves.

      Delete
  3. I loved the quotes! (I laughed out loud at the two dogs!) You know, I still haven't gotten a Facebook account. Me and hubby value our privacy. But, I've had more than one person mention the benefits of getting a FB account for my blog. Still on the fence...

    Just sorta seems like another place for me to enter the dangerous game of comparison. And don't get me started on how I'd react to like/unlike!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My opinion is that Facebook does nothing for a blog. You might get a few more hits or followers, but, for the most part, people on FB are not wanting to stop and read anything. That doesn't keep me from posting blog posts, on occasion, but I try to keep my status updates short and sweet.

      So far, there is only a "like" button. YAY!

      Delete
  4. I know I'm old-fashioned!
    I got FB because that seems to be the popular choice for quick communication. I don't use it for my blog but sometimes I will share to FB someone else's post. I agree that most times I don't think anything longer than a few sentences gets read. I miss voices on the phone for invitaions etc. and I do not support the idea of a dislike button.

    I thoroughly enjoyed your quotes and great article too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorites . . .
    "“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good graphics!

    I despise FB. Too many folks airing the family laundry. It's a mess.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle