Friday, September 25, 2015

My Darling Arabella ~ Six Months and Growing


Every woman believes her grandchildren hung the moon. 
I'm no exception, which is why I hope you will understand as I shamelessly post a host of random photos from recent weeks with my darling Arabella, my sweet cupcake. 


We haven't mastered the duo-selfie yet. 
Seems Memaw can't remember where to look.
It's a bit like the blind leading the blind.


But we sure have fun trying.


Is your shopping buddy as cute as mine?


Arabella seems to love when I play the piano and sing to her. Generally, she sits quietly beside me in her swing, watching and absorbing it all. One day this week, however, she was quite animated during my mini-concert, so I asked if she’d like to play and, well, I’m pretty sure she said she would. As I held her, I couldn’t help but think how special, that she was putting her tiny hands on her great-Memaw’s piano. 
Mildred would be thrilled.


She is the garden, when my flowers have gone to seed. 
She is the music, when life has lost its song. 
She is the sunshine, when skies are gray. 
She is the cure for everything. 

I hold her close, yet gently, with gratitude and love.

My cup overflows.

Until next time, dear friends, may your weekend hold sweet moments and quiet spaces.

***


8 comments:

  1. Love those of your grandgirlie at the piano! Perhaps you have a pianist in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...love, love, LOVE those piano photos! I think that collage must be framed and hung somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do, I do, I do, know what you mean!
    Your shopping buddy picture is soooo cute! Love all the "wrinkles".

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is her in the shopping cart because I just bust out laughing... her expression. To me she was saying "what do you MEAN we can only buy healthy food!!" :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweetness factor is over the top, Dayle dear. In that shopping cart, could you ring up a couple of thunder thigh rolls, please? Their preciousness factor is too irresistible!

    *hugs*
    Kelley~
    Letters Unfolded

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arabella in concert has totally captivated my imagination! What a beauty in buttercup yellow!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle