Thursday, September 3, 2015

Soft Lemon Coolers ~ Lip-Smacking Good


Put a little lemon sauce on anything and I feel certain I'll eat it. I love all things lemon and these soft lemon cooler cookies are as easy to make as ABC, and so yummy. They will disappear in record time.



Soft Lemon Coolers

1 - Lemon cake mix
1 - 8 oz. Cool Whip (softened)
1 - egg
Powdered sugar, as directed


Preheat oven to 350°

Mix first 3 ingredients well. (Dough will be stiff and sticky.)

Using two spoons, or a cookie scoop, drop dough into powdered sugar and coat thoroughly. (I get the best results by putting the powdered sugar on a plate, instead of in a bowl.)

Shape powdered dough into flat discs and place on non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 9-10 minutes or until light brown. Don’t over-bake!

Place cookies on wire rack to cool.




Yields 3-4 dozen soft cookies, depending on preferred size.


***

14 comments:

  1. my mouth is watering!!!! these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me ! thank you for leaving me a note-truly it makes my day [s]. The first thing that catches my attention: A Collection of Days. The next -the look and feel of your blog presentation and finally: OUR TEXAS CONNECTION- I have a history, 21 years spent in southeast Texas and such a huge part of our [my husband & mine] testimony as Christians occurred during what I call Our Texas Years/also the period of time I now see as the Miracle Years..not far from Beaumont, Texas. I'm following-hope you will visit and search out some of the [hidden] details I've alluded to here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dayle!
    What are you doing to me?
    I just decided to give Trim Healthy Mama my best,
    and I find these yummies looking at me!
    I'll pin for later when I've made some progress!

    They look terrific.
    Thanks for taking time to talk to me at Harvest Lane Cottage.
    My daughter just told me that my husband invited company for supper. I've got to scramble!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you when it comes to lemon! These look wonderful and I am putting this on my "to make" list. So sad that my husband doesn't like lemon cookies...I will have to eat them myself!
    Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well gosh, Dayle, those sound yummy. I'd better copy that recipe. Thanks! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried cake mix cookies before, but never like this. I also adore lemon flavor, so I think this will be something I try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister loves lemony things, too. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember having these once before and never knew how to make them. I'm excited to look forward to these cookies with a cup of coffee....maybe fall will come to Texas and I can enjoy them outside. But not today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mouth is watering, and my lips are smacking! Those look delicious...

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these look so refreshing and yummy! Pinning. Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dayle, just popping in to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle