Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Postcards from the Road ~ Time Away with the Twin






Dear friends, twin sister and I celebrated a birthday last week. A big one, but that's another post for another day, and it's already in the queue. In the meantime, we are spending a few days in one of our favorite places on earth, the Great Smoky Mountains. 

Lord willing, we will make a slow drive through the amazing National Forest before we head home. It's one of my favorite things to do, because there's nothing more refreshing and relaxing than being surrounded by beauty.

Until next time, sweet friends, God's handiwork always takes my breath away, no matter how many times I may see it.

***

14 comments:

  1. Oh...Happy Birthday to the both of you! What a fun trip...and your photos are stunning! Have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday to two lovely,lovely ladies! I hope you have a wonderful time!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you both! I'm so glad you got to spend it together! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed to have "the Twin" for a faithful companion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful and special it would be to have a twin sister and be able to spend this time with her! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Dayle and Gayle! You don't look like you've reached that "big one" yet. Beautiful ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy posts you do about journeys with your sister. Happy Birthday, Yall! Now tell us more about your trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall is a great time to be born! Plus, it's a great time for a get-a-way with a loved one.
    I know, cause I did, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happiest Birthday to both of you! And what better way to celebrate than taking in some of God's beautiful creation!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dayle....I KNOW you had a wonderful time. And a most blessed new year of life is what I wish for you! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to both of you! - Looks like you are having a grand time. The Autumn colors here are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday, Dayle n' Gayle! You've just shown me again, how sometimes I can feel closer to God while in nature than I do in a cathedral.

    PS - Love your new profile pix!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to you both! What a wonderful time to visit the mountains.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle