Thursday, October 15, 2015

V is for Vengeance


“Dear friends, never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God. For it is written, ‘I will take vengeance; I will repay those who deserve it,’ says the Lord” (Romans 12:19).

Have you ever ignored the Golden Rule found in Matthew 7:12? It's just so stinking hard sometimes to not do unto others as they did unto me, but whenever we do that, we are sowing our own bitter seeds that will one day come back to our own table. 

There are those who hurt someone else and say, "I'm just giving him what he deserves," but the truth is, we cannot be anyone else’s harvest for evil, because vengeance belongs only to God. And taking vengeance into our own hands is not only usurping God's authority and His Word, it guarantees rough roads ahead for ourselves, for when we attempt to give anyone "what they deserve" we are choosing to return evil for evil. So instead of accomplishing what we wanted to accomplish, we are sowing our own seeds that we will reap., and you can bank on that.

Remember friends, V is for vengeance, and vengeance belongs to God.

***

Jenny explores the alphabet on Thursdays. 
I'm running late, but today it was all about the letter V. 
Click on over to see what others are saying.




4 comments:

  1. Sometimes just wishing vengeance on someone else in the quietness of our hearts can be destructive too. Ask me how I know...

    GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you shared this. It has touched a lot of us today.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle