Saturday, December 5, 2015

Here I Am, Lord ~ Are You Available?

My niece and her husband are ministering in South America this week. As I watched the excitement on her face, as she shared this news with me a few months back, my heart was filled with so many emotions. I couldn’t help but think of two of her great-grandmothers who were preachers, one was a pastor, and I know they both would be so proud of their great-granddaughter carrying the torch of the Gospel at home and abroad.

I hear people desiring to be used of God. The good news is, all God is looking for is a willing vessel, someone willing to answer the call. If we are willing to be obedient to Christ, God will use us for His glory, no matter our past, no matter our flaws. I look in the Bible and find men like Peter, a man who denied ever knowing Jesus, and yet Peter was mightily used of God to deliver the message at the first church's initial service on the Day of Pentecost. I find men like Moses, who has to be the father of excuses,  yet God used Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. I read about men like Saul of Tarsus, who was responsible for believers being put to death, but after an encounter with God on the Damascus Road, Saul's name was changed to Paul and he penned much of the New Testament.

In God's application for employment, the only ability He asks about is our availability. No matter what you've been, how far you've drifted off-course, you're never too old, and it's never too late to be used of the Lord. A willing vessel is all God needs to do great and wonderful things.

***

Linking up with the good people at Spiritual Sundays.



4 comments:

  1. This is excellent. I have a few very surprising health issues these past years. I can wait, and hope to get better, or to use my limited capacity now as God requires. It gives me hope and a future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for your niece! I always think about the strong Christian heritage that came before me, and I was determined not to ever be the weak link in passing on the message to future generations. My children are both headed in the right way, but all we can do is pray for those who come after us. You are so right that the great-grandmothers would be thrilled with this bold young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a heritage! May the beat go on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! That really is nice to see in a Christian family. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle