Friday, December 25, 2015

What Christmas Means to Me

The invisible God of heaven saw me at my worst and yet chose to robe himself in flesh and be born, walk on the earth, as the Son of God, Jesus Christ, Emmanuel, both God and man, knowing his destiny was the cross. If that isn’t love, what is? (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:23; Luke, chapters 1 and 2; Colossians 1:12-19)

During his 33 years on earth, Jesus experienced what it meant to be lonely, abandoned, forsaken, hungry, thirsty, despised, mocked, hated, falsely accused, beaten, and crucified, then buried. (Isaiah 53:5; Hebrews 4:15)

But the grave could not hold Him. And because of that, no night is so dark that His light cannot break the darkness. No sin is so shameful that His blood cannot wash it away. No person is so wicked that His Holy Spirit cannot bring a transformation, a new birth. (Matthew 27:45-66; Matthew 28:1-20; John 3:3-5; Acts 2:1-47; II Corinthians 5:17)

The Apostle Paul said in I Corinthians 15:19: "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." I believe that heaven awaits those who follow Christ, who keep His commandments, who believe on Him, as the Scripture has said (John 7:38; Romans 8:10-11).

This is what Christmas means to me, from start to finish. Happy Birthday, Jesus! I’m so glad you came for a sinner such as I.

Merry Christmas to my dear friends in blogland. Your company throughout the year is a gift to my heart.

***


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful words, my friend. I hope your Christmas Day has been as blessed as mine was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayle, this was by far the very best Christian message that I have read about the true meaning of Christmas! What a powerful message of God's love and of our need as sinners for Christ. God bless you, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writings are so powerful and full of meaning.
    I love this one!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle