Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday Musings ~ A Weekend Getaway and Splendor Under the Trees

Dear friends, Friday morning, The Man and I boarded Cloud Nine and drove west to a favorite getaway, the Alamo city, the lovely San Antonio, for a long weekend. Since the arrival of our dear granddaughter, our travels have been few and far between, so it felt good to be out there on the road again.


Although the captain battled strong winds, he brought us in for a safe landing to the charming KOA, a familiar place where I don’t feel rushed or anxious, but find it easy to be in the moment.


Saturday evening found us enjoying a full moon and the harmonies of the Gaither Vocal Band. Music is a unifying force, bringing people together regardless of philosophies and ideas.

And then there was Sunday, a magical day. After dawning crisp and cold, the afternoon sun warmed the air to a perfect 65-degrees. 


A slow walk around the park reminded me just how much I crave the outdoors, that unmatched art gallery designed by the Creator, open to the public day or night.


Under a brilliant winter sky, I strolled among the pecan trees, captivated by the unique beauty of their barrenness, their openness, their ability to wait patiently for the spring. 

Would you like to walk with me through this magnificent symphony of trees and sky?









Every tree has a story to tell; you know this by the way they're bent, some leaning this way, some that. As I walked, I prayed, and talked, and sang, and it seemed as if the trees heard and understood. 


We live in a world that can get crazy and busy and heavy. While you may not be able to get away for a few days, sometimes a simple stroll among the trees can slow you down just enough to get your bearings, to stretch your limbs, to open your hands, to return home with a heart uncluttered.


***


13 comments:

  1. Thank-you for the stroll! What a symphony indeed!
    Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare. Ps.40:5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly enjoyed the walk...just my cup of tea you know, and so are those glorious naked trees against that brilliant blue sky. So glad you got a chance to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayla.... a lovely post. Thank you sharing you beautiful photographs and a wonderful message. Enjoy you week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I enjoyed this stroll with you, and listening to the symphony of the trees! God's music makes my soul soar...

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over that sky! It is so beautiful how it goes from darker to lighter blue. Glad you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right about that!!i am craving a good hike in my beautiful woods right about now! Instead I'll take a quick shower and head to the office. Boooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post! Heart-felt and full of breath-taking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love winter skies and spending time in God's big gallery. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue sky is beautiful. The trees seem to be reaching out, saying "It's almost here, Spring is almost here... just wait a bit longer."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you were able to get away and appreciate the photos of winter in Texas. San Antonio has a very special place in my heart when the husband and I visited there for an anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounded like a nice mini-getaway, Dayle. Pretty soon all those trees will be attired in their spring finery and they will be gorgeous. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a marvelous time. I love the Gaithers, and I have never been to Texas. I enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your getaway sounds wonderful and I believe that too - every tree has a story to tell and there's not better healing and refreshing like being out in His creation.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle