Thursday, February 25, 2016

Chasing the Sun ~ The Final Days of February

Dear friends, it is Thursday morning as I write, crisp and sun-drenched, the makings of a perfect day. Just as I am made for an occasional rainy day, I'm made for days such as this. While rainy days soothe my soul, brisk sunny days energize me, especially when my body is weary; the sunlight has a certain way of refreshing my spirit, of giving me an extra shot of mojo, enough to press through another day.

And speaking of sunshine, back in December, I blogged about a day spent chasing the sun around my home, delighting in catching its rays in odd places, often with barely enough time to run for the camera before the moment was lost. It was so much fun that I've done it again.

Whether you dwell in a mansion or a cabin, or anything in between, something magical happens whenever sunlight enters the room, turning ordinary objects into works of art, welcoming, hypnotizing, irresistibly cozy and warm, just like a home should be.


These thrift store dishes are fairly perfect in the light of the sun.


This is the tape in my grandfather's adding machine.


Even the specks of dust on the side tend to sparkle in the sun.


An old radio, on an old table, a perfect sun-bathed duo.


When my grandmother passed away, my mother took strips of fabric from a few of her dresses and made a little quilt for safekeeping. The strips of sun sit perfectly in sync.


I captured this while sitting at my desk one afternoon, just as the sun was making its descent. A few moments later, it was gone.


Until next time, sweet friends, in these final days of February, may the sun's path find you ... or vice versa.




Linking with 

Laura for Thoughts of Home
Mrs. Olson for Share Your Cup



13 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by.

    I adore the sunlight. We painted our living room a sunny yellow, and on sunny days, even if it's cold outside, I feel a sense of cheerfulness. It's the simple things in life, isn't it?

    ~Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is so cool how for just one moment, these things take on a new life...and like you said, a moment later it's gone. Beautiful images and words, Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting here looking at the shadows that have created really wonderful patterns across the room.
    I don't think I would of noticed the beauty of it, if you hadn't shown us you, "chasing the sun". Look quick, like you said, before it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get a lot of sun in here because I only have three windows, and one of those is a patio door. But I love seeing it layered over objects inside!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so ready for the sun to find me!!! Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love rainy days. It is time to bake cookies and keep warm inside. I also love old things, I have some antique pieces rescued from an old hotel and had them refinished. Thanks for visiting my site.

      Delete
  6. Oh Dayle, I love the rays of sunshine! You caught some beautiful sights. I love it when sunshine streams into my home! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dayle-
    Your words create the beauty.
    I am going to try that-
    looking where the sunlight hits.

    You are a poet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like how you've caught those sunbeams in various spots. I love the play of light and shadow in unexpected corners. They do add sparkles of delight in one's day.

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend ahead.
    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful... I'm sure it kind of looks like that in our spirit as the "Sonshine comes in !!! I remember an old song from Sunday School, when I was a child... "So let the Sonshine in... face it with a grin..open up your heart and let the Sonshine in" !!! lol... thank you so much for this beautiful post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I tried to click over to your blog but since I'm not a member of Google+ I wasn't able to. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful photos, Dayle. Chasing shadows with my camera is one of my favorite things to do :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did a chasing the sun post years ago. I think I need to give it a try.

    Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle