Monday, April 11, 2016

Arabella : A Gaggle of Photos, Like Mother Like Daughter?

Oh, the fleeting days of childhood. Our darling Arabella has been walking for awhile now, and growing by leaps and bounds. Every day, I see changes in her and I long to stop the clock. Some days I feel as if I'm reliving my life, she favors her mom so much at this age, from the front and from the back. Is it just me, or do you agree?




I try not to post too many pictures of my little grandbaby, as I don't want to overload you on cupcake, but today's the exception, I suppose. Here is a gaggle of recent photos of Memaw's cupcake. If you have a grandchild, you know the joy she brings cannot be measured.






These were taken on Good Friday, a day when as many as could gathered to share a family meal. I love the first two photos of Arabella and my grandniece, the one I call sugar plum. They hadn't seen each other in a month or so, and after getting a good look at her cousin, Arabella just fell over on her. Moments like these need no photo for remembering; they are stamped on my heart.









Precious moments of pure sweetness. 


Last week, we met my mom and dad halfway between our place and theirs for a bite of lunch. They hadn't seen Arabella since Christmas and were anxious to spend time with her. They adore their grandchildren and great-grandchildren and I wish they lived down the street, so their visits could be more frequent, but I'm grateful they live only two hours away. Watching them together, no words.


As you can see, my attempts at selfies with cupcake haven't improved since the last time I mentioned failing at accomplishing this task. I must keep trying, but of course.

Until next time, sweet friends, thanks for indulging this Memaw. I am blessed.

***


17 comments:

  1. She certainly takes after your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you did not tell us that they were different babies I would have thought they were the same. She is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so lovely...I pray you are well,sweet friend...I have a facebook page under Dottie Chaddock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dottie. How wonderful to find you on FB, Dottie.

      Delete
  4. I've said it all along, cupcake is the spittin' image of her mama! What a bunch of cuties in these photos...ALL of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is she. And you know what...my great grandmother's name was Arabella, and called Arby. She would have been born in the 1860s or 1870s I am guessing. I have never ever since seen someone named Arabella. What a co-incidence! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweetness factor is over the top!

    *hugs* from Manila,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh joy! So much joy! Yes, I'm sure it's like reliving your daughter. Wow! So much resemblance. I'm sure sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. Just precious!These are my favorite kind of posts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a dollbaby! YES, she surely looks just like your daughter at that age. What a blessing to get to relive those emotions with a precious grandbaby! God bless you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is definitely Anna Maria made over again! So much fun to have our babies have babies. I love when you share photos of her, Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so precious and you are right, she's the spitting image of your daughter at that age!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter and granddaughter could be twins! It's an uncanny similarity! Oh, the joys of being a grandmother - one of life's great treasures!

    Adorable photos - adorable cupcake.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one happy little baby!!! The similarities between her and her mother are amazing!
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know me... bring on the grand babies! I can't get enough (really!) for every picture tells a story of the subject and the photographer. Keep telling us your story.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle