Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Mother's Day Weekend Report

My Mother’s Day weekend was filled with blessings galore. On Saturday, we drove over to honor my mother. She insisted on doing the cooking and it could’ve won a blue ribbon, as always. Each visit is just a little sweeter than the last one. What a blessing to have my parents still with me.


On Sunday, my beautiful daughter and granddaughter were in church with me, which was the only gift I needed to make my day perfect.


video

I am blessed to be able to take Arabella with me to church quite often, and what a blessing it is to me, just watching her. If the music is already playing when we get there, it isn't unusual for her to enter the sanctuary with her hands raised or clapping. Her mommy captured this 10-second clip on Sunday, and it makes my heart sing. 


Memaw and Papaw and our darling Arabella. How blessed we are.


Papaw and his precious girls.


After church, Papaw took us out to eat. We hammed it up while waiting on a table.



The day wouldn’t have been complete without a mini-photo session with cupcake. I do declare, she is the essence of cuteness! 

I hope your Mother’s Day weekend was as blessed and beautiful as mine, but life isn't always sweet, is it? You don't live as long as I have without having gone through some major storms in life. Sometimes you have to deal with loss and pain and with knowing that bad things happen to good people. Just know that God will have the final say, and He keeps meticulous records. In the meantime, we keep the faith and know that God can be trusted.

There are many who weep on Mother’s Day—both mothers and children. Some children have been abandoned by their mothers, some have lost a mother to death. Then there are mothers who have buried a child, or been abandoned by a child, and women who have yet to become a mother, dealing with the heartbreak of infertility.

I know at least a dozen people who are dealing with one or more of these heartbreaks. If you find yourself in any of these places, I'm sharing here what I shared on Facebook over the weekend. This is but a portion of the 56th Psalm and I recommend reading the whole chapter. I hope you find it comforting, as I did.




Until next time, sweet friends, thanks for keeping me company here. You are a blessing.


***


16 comments:

  1. Mother's Day is a fine blend of joy and sorrow, isn't it...this post is beautiful! a reminder of how the most precious gift of all is time spent together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a blessing. I am so happy to have found your blog. Your beautiful heart shines through in your writing.
    Your grand-daughter is so adorable. So glad you got to spend the day with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...she is a darling grandgirlie for sure. I know that she is a bright light in your lives. Your mother is as cute as can be! I really enjoyed seeing all these family photos and I am so glad that your day was blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous Mother's Day you captured with your mom, daughter and granddaughter! Just lovely. And the video? Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely Mother's Day weekend to be sure!
    Your family is beautiful and blessed.
    Thank you for always sharing thoughts that inspire me to look deeper, my friend.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The video of Cupcake at church is such a blessing! Thank you for sharing that moment with us. I have watched it several times!
    Your mother amazes me! She cooked the whole meal for her family. I wish she was my neighbor. The things I could learn from her!


    I'm one of those your mentioned, with a void of a mother.
    But I rejoice that my children love me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessed day you had!

    *hugs*
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous family you are! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day - hugs to you, Memaw!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the photos and post, Dayle. How wonderful that your weekend was top-notch. I am happy your Mama is still with you, too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious, precious photos, one and all...and the sweet video you posted on facebook was just priceless. What a blessing it is to have your mama with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like your Mother's Day was perfect with family and your sweet granddaughter. They are so much fun! I enjoyed the photos and all the love in your family. That psalm speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful day...I soo agree too. Church with your kids and grandkids is right at the top of perfect gift. Soo glad you enjoyed. And yes, cupcake is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful, precious post, sweet friend. I am so thankful you had such a lovely Mother's Day...what a dear joy to have been with your own sweet mother and your daughter and grand-daughter, too....four generations of love and such a special bond. I tell you, that baby is just a doll. She is the cutest thing! May God continue to bless you and keep you always in His care. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had such a beautiful Mother's Day, Dayle! Just loved the video of your sweet Arabella.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle