Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sunshine and Clouds; Chaos and Clarity ~ Scenes from a Blessed Life


Well, dear friends, it is Tuesday as I write and I’m happy to report that sunshine has found us again. Monday, under blue skies, I was able to get out and enjoy running errands, some long overdue. At every stop, I found myself welcoming the sun’s warmth, like the embrace of an old friend.

Despite that good news, the week has already been filled with stressful encounters, with chaos and tight spaces, a necessity from having to clear out the bedroom that didn’t fare so well in the recent monsoon season


Things are progressing, but slowly. Decisions have to be made and I’m not always good at being decisive. Still, I have no complaints when I consider those who are dealing with a million times more chaos because of the same monsoon season. In all things, I am blessed.


After she got off work Monday, twin sister asked if I’d like to ride with her to look at a pair of sandals she’d been eyeing. As I waited for her to finish up her shopping, I couldn’t help but be mesmerized by the early evening sky—the grays, the blues, an occasional white—a canvas of water colors, announcing an uncertain forecast.


It seems that daily I hear of families splitting apart, of people losing their jobs, of death coming way too soon. Like yesterday's skies, the forecast is uncertain, for we cannot know what a day will bring. But if we are believers, we know that we are never alone. No matter what comes or who goes, no matter how bumpy the road or how cloudy the day, we have a friend who holds our hand, one who will never leave us. This belief is what keeps me going, when quitting would sometimes be easier.


***


video
On a lighter note, if you have nine seconds to spare, I am certain you will feel altogether better after listening to a recent morning's exchange between our precious Arabella and her mommy. Her mommy asks, “What does a lion sound like?” and “What about a choo-choo train?” The lion is a bit soft-spoken but if you listen closely you’ll hear its gentle roar (love her mouth), and the choo-choo train, well, I promise you’ll smile. It’s no surprise that Memaw and Papaw have played it over and over again.


As The Man and I returned from looking at flooring options today, our precious passenger soon drifted off into dreamland. While she slept, I captured this photo, and in it I found all that is pure and lovely, all that is true and good. 

Tender moments have a way of bringing clarity, as this one did for me: No matter what may be wrong in my world, she is here.

Until next time, sweet friends, I hope that June is being especially kind to you.

***


11 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Dayle. The video is adorable, and the photo beyond precious. That is definitely one to be framed!

    I don't know how people make it through the difficulties of life without the Lord. I'm so glad I don't have to.

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Embracing Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a grandparent is one of the best titles I've ever had, besides the title of Mrs. I'm so happy that you savor these precious moments, amongst the chaos.

    You have written so many posts about the storms and how to wait, pray and endure. Thank you for being here to lift spirits and show us your clarity.
    Still praying for Texas and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arabella has the sweetest little mouth. It just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your written words are always so soothing and bring much peace, putting everything into perspective...thank you. The video of cupcake is precious, as is the "sleeping baby" photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that little face would keep one going. It was especially good for me to get pictures of our almost 4 year old and 1 1/2 year old granddaughters at the beach on vacation today. Our other son's friends lost their 8 year old in a car accident yesterday, from a rear-end collision in a car driven by a 24 year old. So much hurt, hurt that won't go away. It made me want to hold my grandkids tight.

    Watching the news from Texas lately has brought home how a life can change in a short time. I hope the weather strikes a good balance for all of you now, not too much rain and not too little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Choo-CHOOOOOO! Love it!
    Your first photo is speaking pretty loudly to my heart. Until recently, I'd forgotten the pull of the tall pines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just the cutest, most precious angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sentiments focussing on what is really important.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Arabella is adorable. I'm glad she's in your world. Babies are the best...they make us smile when life is unpredictable. Have an amazing week Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "No matter what may be wrong in my world, she is here."

    I know of what you speak, and my little one also gives me perspective on life. The joy she brings to my heart covers a multitude of troubles.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle