Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October's News : Scenes from a Blessed Life

Dear friends, as I write a warm October sun streams through the front door. Our fall temperatures are off today, but the sun is out and the birds are singing. There are no complaints here. 

I have just returned from running errands, my little granddaughter with me. At each stop, her tiny hand clasped mine, filling my heart to overflowing. Just her presence makes returning things to Home Depot a pleasure. 

Did I tell you both of my bathrooms are getting a face-lift? Nothing major, but it's only 20 years and three layers of wallpaper overdue. Currently, chaos reigns, but I'm full of faith.

Before I go further, I want to thank those who left comments and suggestions on my last post. Your kind words truly warmed my heart and will help me come to a decision. Right now, I’m leaning toward keeping on keeping on. No matter how scarce I get in blogland, you've helped me see that it is nice to have a community of kindred spirits out there, cheering each other on. Should I decide to wave goodbye, at a future time, you will be the first to know.

For now, let's move on to the riveting news of October. 



Earlier this month, I celebrated a birthday. Glory, glory hallelujah. Due to circumstances, twin sister was not able to get out and celebrate with me, as we tend to do, but The Man and I drove to Galveston Island to relax and be surrounded by the sounds of the ocean.


I find it a necessity to visit the ocean every so often, to feel its power and hear its soothing melodies.

In the evening, as we sat on a mostly deserted beach, I looked to the east and there was October’s moon rising slow and steady in a pale blue sky. Reaching for my camera, I captured these images. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.










***

Not long ago, my sweet daughter drove over to see her grandparents. Although my dad drives to and fro on occasion, he doesn't enjoy the drive to our city, lots of traffic and congestion and no way to avoid it, so they don't get to see their grands and great-grands very often. Of course, Arabella was the star of the show and seeing her with my aging parents always melts my heart. There are no words.



If you have just ten seconds to spare, the following video is nothing but pure joy and sweetness as Arabella runs from her Papa to her Nana, squealing with delight. I've played it a dozen or more times, but I'm the Memaw.



video


***

Cupcake and I practiced our selfie after church one Sunday. I think we're getting better at it.


I don't know when she got so big.


This is how we looked together just a year ago.

***

It was on a brilliant Saturday when we piled in the car and drove to a place called Dewberry Farm, about an hour away. As most places like this go, it was overpriced, but there were a lot of things to see and do—animals, kid activities, a maze, a train to ride, a pumpkin patch, and a Christmas tree farm to boot. I took dozens of pictures but here are my three favorites.





Whenever I look at these photos, so many emotions stir in my heart. Life seldom goes as we planned, not even as we'd hoped, but there is still never enough time to count all of the blessings that a single day holds. 

Yesterday, I ran across this quote of Isaac Kubvoruno in my Facebook news feed:

"Nothing that happens to you ever surprises God. Whatever enters your life is allowed by God for His glory and for your good. God never promised that life would be fair, but if you stay humble, faithful and obedient, God will turn the unfair circumstances that were meant for your harm into blessings. Remember what Joseph said to his brothers, 'As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.' (Genesis 50:20) Life may be unfair but fear not. God will turn your adversaries into your advantages. Only believe."

I have read similar passages, and even written about this subject, but yesterday I read these words not once but twice, and I felt them drop deeply into my soul, steadying me like an anchor. It was as if the Lord was asking: "Do you really believe Romans 8:28, that 'all things work together for good to them who love God,' or don't you?" Yes, Lord, I believe.


Until next time, dear friends, I leave you with these images from a recent day in the park. On impulse, we decided to have a picnic, so I grabbed a quilt and we stopped for food. Simple fun is always the best kind and I hope you are making time in your days for such things.


***


14 comments:

  1. Awe beautiful photos☺ And I so love visiting the ocean too♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you decided to stay in blogland for now...nothing like the beach is there? Your little grand daughter is getting soo big, and she's soo cute. So happy you are knowing the joy of this. And to still have both of your parents to share in your joy is such a blessing as well. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right..how did she grow so much in just one year??! The photos of the beach are so gorgeous...and that moon! I also love that quote, a keeper for sure. I'm glad you made the decision to stay around for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on Keeping On sounds lovely to me. ☺ My goodness that darling girl has grown in a year. She's not a baby anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh- I am so thrilled to see a nice post from you here today---after worrying that maybe you were going to hang it up. I am so glad you decided to keep on keeping on.
    I sure love your little Cupcake and I am so glad that she could spend some time with her great-grandparents. How special and that is just a precious little bite of film.
    Blessings-glad you got away for a bit to the ocean---like you- it soothes my soul. Did you see the clouds shaped like angel wings in that photo right under the moon? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pictures. I had to go back to read your last post. It has been a awhile since I've been on. I so understand your want of fresh inspiration. I feel like I have lost the passion and thus direction. I am working on it. I do hope you will continue as I do find your posts inspiring. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how precious! I was so afraid to read this...fearing you were going to say good-bye to us! SO very thankful God prompted you to keep on keeping on...just putting one foot in front of the other, and knowing that He is with you every step. I can NOT begin to tell you how much I needed the quote you shared from facebook. Oh, my word! PLEASE keep me in your prayers, if I come to mind, but that quote spoke straight through to my heart. I can see why you read it twice...I did, too, and once was aloud to my sweet family who are standing by me so faithfully. God allows the trials, but surely He will turn them into blessings, amen, and amen to that! Did you notice the cloud formation in that 2nd picture on the beach? To me, it looks like angels' wings overshadowing. That caught my eye, at first glance...just wondering if you saw it, too. And, that Arabella! OH, my word, she just gets cuter and more precious with each time you post pictures. God bless all of you in a special way, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Cheryl, and yes I saw that formation. It resembled angel wings to me too. It was huge in person and just beautiful.

      Delete
  8. *tears*

    God's been so good. God is so good. God will always be good.

    From a blessed life, indeed.

    *hugs*
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  9. So thankful you are going to "keep on." I look forward to your posts. You are one blessed lady!! And thank you for sharing the quote. Life is not fair. Not one bit. But praise God He is ever faithful, even in the midst of the hard, hard days. I am so glad I belong to Him. Blessings my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, that little Arabella - she's so precious!!! Love these photos, this peek into your life! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos, Dayle. Just gorgeous. And Arabella is a precious, beautiful child. I hope, so much, you continue to blog, even once in awhile. Your posts are always beautifully gentle and inspiring. I always love coming to visit you. Please don't give it up entirely. (Selfish me.) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh, good to see this post!

    I too saw the wings!
    All these comments are touching. I'm with Mrs. Kelly Dibble, tears!

    These pictures are so full of SMILES, they make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dayle, I guess sometimes we underestimate the power of blog friendships but I found out this week, when after an absence of 2 months on my blog, I posted again and found thoughtful and encouraging comments from dear blog friends, including yours, that lifted my heart. It also made me wonder why I dropped out, hid away, during a down period of my life. One of those lightbulb moments occurred--maybe, just maybe my blog friends would have helped me through it!

    And certainly, I had deprived myself of being a part of their own lives, missed so much of what was important in my friends lives. Not a good thing because......well because they are after all, friends!

    Your heart in the sand above touched me so much, Dayle, that simple expression of love and commitment. It's one of the things I love most about visiting here, your commitment and enjoyment of family, with darling Arabella a precious motif!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle