Thursday, January 19, 2017

Glimpses of Morning ~ The Light has Come

Dear friends, morning has come, and with it the singing of birds. 

A new day can give one the feeling that all things are possible, that night has ended, that light will point the way.


I walked through my home the other morning, catching glimpses of this and that.


Everything looks different in morning's light.

Things appear lighter and brighter.





In a perfect world, not only would mornings brighten our spaces, but brighten our spirits, as well. 


But this isn't a perfect world and sometimes a new morning changes nothing, means nothing, for even though daylight surrounds you, darkness has seeped into your bones and covered your soul. A new morning sometimes means you have to get up and struggle through another endless day, functioning, but falling apart.

If we live long enough, I dare say we all will know a darkness so deep we can't see a hand in front of our faces, even when standing under a blazing sun. 

Life can overwhelm us, to the point of utter despair.

On such days, during such seasons, I remember the Apostle Paul’s words in one of his letters to the Corinthians when he spoke of the trouble that came upon him and Timothy while in Asia. One translation says it this way: We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself.Ah, yes. I’ve been there, you’ve been there. Paul goes on to write: “Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but rely on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. We have placed our hope in him, and he will continue to deliver us.”

Dear friends, morning has come. You may still feel shrouded in darkness, but the Light has come. Place your hope in Him and rest. He will fight for you. He will deliver you.

***




12 comments:

  1. A most beautiful, heartfelt post, Dayle. The photos are lovely, too. Oh yes, any human being alive has felt the way you describe in the post, myself, included. But EYES ON THE ROCK in all and every situation. I'm certainly doing that in these shaky, unpredictable and divided America times. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my friend I NEEDED this today. One week from this very moment I will be sitting, with my parents, in front of the oncologist at MD Anderson who will tell us whether or not the past 7 chemo treatments have shrunk the tumors in my mom's liver to the point she can have surgery. That is our prayer. And the dread of that trip next week has covered me like a dark cloud. Praise the Lord my HOPE is not in the results of that CT scan. Praise the Lord my HOPE is not in my mother's health (although I certainly pray every day for God to heal her). My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness, I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly trust in Jesus name. CHRIST ALONE. This battle is his. We see cancer and chemotherapy. He whispers "Trust Me" I am in control. Relying on God is the only path to peace. In this world we will have trouble, but I AM OF GOOD CHEER BECAUSE HE HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD. Hallelujah!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dayle, when I see your posts in my inbox, I feel both joy and dread. Joy at the the thought of reading your beautiful words and seeing snippets of your blessed life, dread at the thought you may be saying goodbye to your blog. You wrote that you feel you haven't much to say anymore....But sweet sister in Christ, may I say, this blog begs to differ with that argument! The beautiful pictures, the analogy, the healing words of encouragement, yours and those from God's Word, never go stale. I for one was so blessed by this post, needed the reminder and thank you for them! God bless. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the doily on those olden books -- and just so happens I've both in storage at home.
    ..... and now, I'm wondering where I could place a replica of your olden cutlery.

    Like you, I'm all about surrounding myself with things that bring some measure of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your timing with this post is perfectly timed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy comes in the morning. A great and perfect thought on this blessed time in history! May we all experience newness and peace in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely photos of your beautiful home! Thank you so much for sharing with us. :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much beauty and wisdom in this post! Thank-you for speaking the truth and blessing the readers!
    Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely inspiring post for those that suffer in the darkness! Love the photos, just gorgeous to have a peek into your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had days like that in the past, Dayle...dealing with deaths in our family and cancer...days when you wish you could stay in bed, pull the covers over your head and pretend all was light and bright in your world. I am thankful that the Lord has given me a positive outlook on life and that I don't suffer from depression or anxiety. I have friends that struggle with those issues and it is hard to watch them and even harder ot help them.
    God bless you for sharing your bit of light and wisdom here on your blog. I appreciate you. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. "If we live long enough, I dare say we all will know a darkness so deep we can't see a hand in front of our faces, even when standing under a blazing sun.
    Dear friends, morning has come. You may still feel shrouded in darkness, but the Light has come. Place your hope in Him and rest. He will fight for you. He will deliver you."
    Thank you, Dayle. So glad to see you're still here.
    Marcia
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dayle I just saw for the first time that you mentioned "feeling you had nothing to say anymore'. STOP, please don't follow through with that conversation.
    Me too! I have been having the same talk with self..just look how long and little I have been writing. I have felt this before. I really do believe "THIS TOO SHALL PASS."
    You surely know this b/c you are lol a REAL WRITER!

    I had become weary of the crafting, DIY and Blog parties and as I found people like you with such unquie content to share I began to think perhaps I do have something to say-to write. I know I WANT TO WRITE. As I focus on people who seem to have a desire for being true to self I am more confident that I may have something another reader can use...for that reason I am deciding to just wait for this time to pass and then see where this path takes me.
    Please stay with it...no matter if you share once a month, or even less. I will joyfully take whatever you have to give.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle