Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Walk Through the Park ~ Finding Spring

Yesterday, under a soft blue sky, I carried my granddaughter down to the arboretum not far from where we live. 


It was 83-degrees in my little woods, with a slight wind, a perfect day for a walk among nature, making memories. 




There wasn't much color to see, but in a few weeks, these grounds will be ablaze with every shade of the rainbow.


Scattered throughout the park are large wind-chimes, hanging from trees, making music fit for strolling. 


At one place, we stopped to listen and, when I glanced up, there was spring in the making. If you look closely, you’ll see at least three little bees at work, earning the phrase, “busy as bees.” Delightful pink buds have already made their appearance, but our “winters” here are unpredictable. We may yet get another cold snap. For now, all is well.





For those in deep winter country, take heart. Spring is coming, and nothing can stop it.


***



11 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect day for chasing sunshine. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting out in nice weather like that. She sure is sweet and must have seen lots of wonderful things! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying your Spring, here in "Antarctic" or more known, as Idaho!
    How fun to take Cupcake on an outing that is so close by. What a sweetie and dressed so cute.
    I think the wind chimes are a great idea. Music while you walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little darling and oh so photogenic she is. I can't believe how warm it is there...well, then again I can because it has been in the mid 70's here. I am thinking that those wind chimes must sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable she is! 83 degrees - wow, sounds wonderful. Today is a perfect day to be reminded that "spring is coming," as we are facing a snowstorm tomorrow. Can't complain, though. It's been a mild winter so far, with very little snow. And today it was 60 degrees - a real tease before tomorrow's storm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful day you had together! That little Arabella is so sweet! And, I love the colorful hair bow in her hair. I know you cherish every second with her, and I pray you have many more happy days like this one. Thank you for sharing. God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little granddaughter is the cutest little thing!!! And although here it's -5, winter is almost done. Wishing you an amazing day, Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring cometh indeed. What lovely photos and such a sweet little granddaughter. So much joy must fill your heart when you see her.

    Wishing you a beautiful day...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have spring year-round with that beautiful little granddaughter, Dayle. What a little peach! Nice photos. And wind chimes in the trees sounds delightful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dayle :)

    Your granddaughter is adorable! It looks beautiful there compared to here. Everything is brown without the snow and this year I can barely wait for Spring.

    I love where you put the singer. I have a special attachment to mine as well, even though we've had our disagreements ;)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just can't get over how much she looks like her mama! We're having beautiful spring weather, too, but we had frost last night. We'll have to wait and see how long before spring is officially here.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle