Thursday, March 9, 2017

Small Bath Inspiration

A few months ago, after looking at the same wallpaper on the bathroom walls for 27 years, a fact I still find shocking, I went looking for inspiration.

I searched online for small bathroom ideas, particularly for ideas surrounding the toilet area, and I found plenty to inspire me.



 

As I pored over hundreds of dreamy photos, my bathroom, in the meantime, was starting to look like the nightmare below, a sad reminder that removing three layers of wallpaper is not easy and sometimes you have to call in a professional to fix the resulting mess.


I'm sorry to say that this depressing sight greeted me day and night for several months, as I was unable to get my contractor off of dead-center. It seemed another project was always more urgent than my tiny little bathroom, and on top of that, his daughter was getting married the same month I contracted with him to do the job. Woe is me.

But I knew him to be a good man and I believed he would stay true to his word. Ultimately, I decided we should both get though the holidays and start the job first thing in the New Year, so that is what we did. 

In the meantime, I kept looking at inspirational photos, trying to keep my spirits up.





Are you sensing a theme here? The shelving over the toilet was definitely going to be in my plan, as shelves would fit the space perfectly, while serving a purpose, as well. In small spaces, such things are important.

Finally, the day arrived. My contractor got to work, re-floating and painting my walls the rest would be up to me, as to how it all came together.

After a trip to Hobby Lobby, I found the perfect shelves. 



I decided to go with a basic white wall. I'm not certain I will stay all-white, but for now it makes me happy.


While my space may not be as inspiring as the photos I used for inspiration, I have to say it's a far cry better than what used to be here. For me, that's good enough.

Until next time, sweet friends, may you feel energized to tackle the project that seems impossible. 

***

Sharing with Home Sweet Home


18 comments:

  1. Hello Dayle. I think it came out great! Very, very nice, indeed. Good job! Spring must have sprung in your neck of the woods by now, right? Take care. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely!!!!!
    Good for you!
    Love having a project completed, don't you?
    Have a cozy weekend...
    Snow here in Pennsylvania!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, Dayle. I have been in the same dire straits with contractors over thee years. You just have to decide you are not going to pull your hair out or sweat it. Love your shelves and I bet you were ready to hug the contractor when it was all done. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. Worth the wait, I imagine. It's amazing how a tiny space can pack such a punch with decor when it's done right. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!!! I love it!!!!! It looks wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks every bit as beautiful as your inspiration photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it is every bit as beautiful as the other pictures!! I LOVE it! You did an amazing job, and I know it makes you smile. That's what matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a bathroom? I call mine, my prayer room, lol.
    You captured the every essence, from all your inspirational pictures.
    Worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful, Dayle...very fresh! The shelves are perfect and having a very small bath as well, every bit of space is needed. You did good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks beautiful, Dayle! I know what you mean, by having a project take forever. I have a hallway like that, but I'm finally working on it.

    The story of Princess was heartbreaking, but beautifully written. Saying goodbye is never easy.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!! I don't envy you removing that wallpaper, been there....done that....lived to tell about it!! I will never put up wallpaper in another home, it's too much of a nightmare to remove! Love the new look, and all the inspiration photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great! I like that basket for the extra paper! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect. All those ideas rolled into "you". I am loving the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the change. Glad you made it happen! Sometimes that's all we need - a small touch of beauty to make us feel special. Enjoy the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! And now you have me wanting to redo my bathroom...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and I made such a mess taking the wallpaper off my bathroom walls that I painted with textured paint. Now what to do with that???

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle