Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Colored Pencils and Coloring Books ~ All Grown Up

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you probably know that adult coloring has been a trendy thing for a couple of years now. You can find coloring books for adults everywhere, and they contain all sorts of subject matters. My first book was one of birds and animals that my daughter bought me a year or two ago. 




I had a blast getting creative with my colored pencils. 
No rules. Just fun.



My latest craze can be credited to twin sister who bought me this book after I coveted the one she had like it, and drooled over her work.



Here are a few images showcasing my own spin on the "fabulous fashions of the 1950s." As you'll see, I wasn't consistent in coloring skin tones; some I did, some I didn't, and the photography isn't great, but I hope the fun comes through.











It may seem as if I have a lot of spare time on my hands, which I don't, but sometimes, in the night hours, when my thoughts run together and the world feels out of control, I find it soothes my mind if I focus on a quiet, singular activity like coloring. 









These are but a handful of the images you'll find in this delightful book. Should you be so inclined to try your hand, we found this book at Michael's.


Until next time, sweet friends, do what you love and love what you do.


8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I talked about coloring on my blog today, too! My sweet sister sent me a beautiful Scripture coloring book a few months ago, and it has been such a therapeutic help to me. Then, sweet Stephanie sent me another one during the mug exchange. It has soothed my nerves so many times through the years to color with dear Zach...he still enjoys coloring, so we will continue the tradition. I'm sure little Arabella will love coloring with you one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, Arabella and I have been coloring together since she was old enough to hold a crayon. It's one of our daily activities and she knows every color by name. :) Occasionally she'll see me coloring in my books and girl you know I give her any page she wants for herself. :)

      Delete
  2. What fantastic images to color! I mean, who doesn't love those elegant fashions of the 1950's. Such a lovely way to unwind in the evenings.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those clothes fabulous? Wish I had been an adult in the 50's, just to wear the clothes.

      Delete
  3. I'm not into coloring BUT..... I absolutely love the fashion coloring book!! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- you've done such a fabulous job with these! They look professional and not colored at all. I enjoy doing this as well as a kind of quiet stress reliever.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle