Monday, June 5, 2017

Pictures of Peace ~ Monday Musings

After an early rain Sunday morning, the sun pushed through the grays and lay wide across the land as I drove to church. My thoughts and prayers turned to London, and to the family members of the dead and injured in Saturday's brutal attack. Their worse nightmare is a reality. Life will never be the same for them again. 

Even though these people are strangers to me, such unspeakable tragedies have a way of keeping me up at night, my mind and heart restless over the loss of innocent human beings, and those who are left with the aftermath of such violence.

I returned home from church in the afternoon, grateful for a church family and for the presence of the Lord that is felt whenever we gather together in faith to worship and pray. Even with trouble and tragedy all around, we can have lasting peace in the midst of it all.

Today's post is my attempt to counteract the violent images that we're always bombarded with after such senseless and heartbreaking events. The photos I've chosen are either from my travels or from my garden, in no particular order. My prayer is that, as you look at them, you will feel peace in your heart and in your mind and that you will remember, most of all, the beauty in the world. 






















“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27).


***


11 comments:

  1. Sitting in the doctor's office - your blog was a lovely way to rest and reflect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice reflection! Yesterday, our church celebrated Pentacost - the Holy Spirit coming to be with us. It was a great feeling and reminder that we have peace with us. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pentecost Sunday was celebrated at my church, too. Wonderful, inspiring service.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing those gorgeous photos - I definitely feel more peace in my soul after this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mission accomplished. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing. It really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear friend! Such beauty to behold! Thank you ever so much for sharing these...they were very soothing. God bless you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the peaceful photos, Dayle. Truly, they are wonderful. Some could even have been snapped in New England. We need peace in our wounded world, don't we? We need HIS peace which is not of this world. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness.
    Such beautiful images reminding us of the beauty and good in the world.
    Thank you.
    Thank you for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't ever want to get callus to any horrific events that happen in our world.
    I would be easy to "bury my head in the sand" but the pain would eventually surface.
    Finding solace in everyday things or finding tranquil pictures on a friends blog post, helps soften the pain and reminds me of the good that is out there.
    Peace!


    ReplyDelete
  9. Dayle- you have such a wonderful way of ministering to us all with your words and photographs.
    In our world today we really need this.
    Thank you for your comforting message.

    Laura
    WSP

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle