Friday, September 29, 2017

Tips for Living a Less-stressful and Healthier Life

The following tips for living a healthier and less stressful life were passed on to me by a dear friend. She didn't write them, but I agree with everything here. What would you add to this list?


Take a walk every day. And while you walk, count your blessings. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

Sit in total silence for at least 10 minutes each day. 

When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, “My purpose today is to __________ .”

Live with the 3 E's—Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.

Play more games and read more books than you did in the year before.

Make time to practice meditation and prayer. These provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.

Spend more time with people over the age of 60 and under the age of six.

Dream more while you are awake.

Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.

Don't force your familial issues upon the shoulders of your children, or you'll cripple them for life. Your issues shouldn't become their issues.

Drink at least 60-ounces of water daily.

Try to make three people smile each day.

Clear clutter from your house, your car, and your desk. It will allow new energy to flow.

Don't waste your time on issues of the past, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in finding joy in the present moment.

Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. 

Problems are simply part of the curriculum, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.

Smile and laugh more.

Be generous with compliments. They will come back to you.

Life isn't fair, but it's still good. 

Turn off technology and get out in nature more often.

Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the future.

Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

Frame every so-called disaster with these words: In five years, will this matter?

Forgive everyone for everything. It is the only way to experience real freedom.

What other people think of you is none of your business.

However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

Your co-workers won't take care of you when you are sick; your family will. Stay in touch.

Envy is a waste of time. You already have all the things you need.

Jealousy will destroy your soul and your relationships.

Believe that the best is yet to come.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.

Even when it’s hard, do the right thing!

Call your family often. (Or email and/or text them to death!)

Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.

Remember that on your worst day there are still blessings to be counted.

Enjoy the ride. This is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.

***


9 comments:

  1. "Life isn't fair..."

    This has worked to my advantage more times than I can count!

    "Forgive everyone for everything."

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good advice on the list. I printed it out as a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list. I just can't drink that much water though, haha!

    I would say if you can't forgive/let go/get over something, get some help. It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Dayle. What jewels. I am not handling my stress well right now and haven't been for months. Needed this! Thank you, neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful list to print and refer to daily. The answer to the first blank is always to listen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great list, Dayle. My humble addition would be to offer each day, as well as your life, to the Lord. He will take it from there. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful list! Each day is a gift from our Creator, Savior, God, Jesus.

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dayle, I read this post on my phone the other day and loved it so much. I just had to come back and print it out because there are so many good ideas here.

    I would add: snuggle with sweet senior long haired dachshunds the way I do, or with the fur baby of your choice!

    I'm going to tape your list up and pencil check marks as I incorporate them into my daily life, many of which I already do but more that I really need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this list! SO, so true and chock full of wisdom. I trust your dear parents are getting things cleared up in the aftermath of the hurricane. I am thinking of all of you and praying for you. Sending love and hugs your way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle