Monday, May 31, 2010

~ From Fabric to Fabulous ~

My sweet mother is an expert seamstress.
You name it, and she's made it.
Her latest interest is baby quilts.

I don't have any grandchildren yet, but since life is uncertain,
I wanted to be sure and have something that my mother made,
should the glorious day ever arrive that I become a grandmother.
And that's why I purchased these fabrics and gave them to Mother.

And this is what she did with them.
Magic.

The flannel and fleece are dreamy soft.

This ready-made panel was finished off with white fleece.
Perfect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is part of Susan's popular Metamorphosis Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Dayle...The quilts are utterly beautiful. Your Mom did an absolutely fabulous job. You look like your Mom, by the way. Thanks so much for sharing such lovely quilts. Sincerely, Susan p.s. Hope you get a grandbaby soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dayle! Oh, what a precious baby quilt! My mother is a quilter too and these little gems are such a wonderful keepsake! I've just had my first grandbaby girl and my mother of course made her three little quilts! Nice to see your mother's sweet face and your pretty face.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!! I very much agree that it will be wonderful to have a handmade gift of love by great grandma. I have always admired those who are truly gifted in sewing. My own skills are quite elementary.

    You have NEW treasures to pass down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful legacy you've got there! The quilts are awesome and your mom rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mama is very talented, beautiful treasure to have for years to come. I LOVE anything homemade. Thanks for stopping by my blog.. when i read your email I had just finished eating supper,, we had 'mater sandwiches...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilts! You and your sister bear a strong resemblance to your mother. Aren't you lucky?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle