Thursday, August 5, 2010

Postcards From The Road ~ 30th Anniversary Tour, Michigan

The Man and I have been in Monroe, Michigan since Tuesday. A previous post shared the unique name of the campground here, but for those who missed that one, it's the "Lord Willing" campground. I mean, how cool is that? It is a peaceful, shady spot, nestled among dozens of magnificent trees.



 We're about 30 miles from Detroit, and took in a Tigers game on Wednesday evening.

From the nosebleed section. Great view.

We were able to move to better seats early on in the game.

Yep, I ate the whole thing!



 ...

One thing we've learned in our years of RV traveling is that no matter where you go, you need to allow for "down" days... those days when you have no real plans. Sometimes it rains, and dictates the down day, but other times you choose for yourself.

Today was my down day, which generally means I'm going to make a big mess... a happy mess, but a big one. Getting caught up on my scrapbooking ruled the day. I haven't scrapbooked at all this year, so...


The first step is to haul out the containers that hold all of the goodies. Then it's a matter of deciding if I'm going to go really fancy with my layouts, or just cover the basics. Today was a basic kind of day.



 

I finished up February, and by the time you read this, I hope to have March well on its way to completion. Hallelujah!

Lord willing and the creek don't rise, Friday will find us on the road again, heading north for a very exciting 30th anniversary weekend! I hope to fill you in on the delightful details on Saturday.

Until next time, faithful friends, I'm grateful to God for these special moments, and for the opportunity to share them with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linking up with Cindy's Show and Tell series.

6 comments:

  1. Great photos, Dayle. Excellent job! Looks like you are having a blast. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayle, you're amazing. You scrapbook and blog from the road! I think you might be some kind of superwoman or robot or something.

    What wonderful pictures you have, too. You caught the blue hour over the Tiger stadium. Awesome!

    And, I was going to say this on your Thursday post, but I had already commented TWICE and didn't want to look totally creepy: You can't possibly know how much your words on my simple pleasures post meant to me, very particularly coming from YOU, about writing. Wanted to thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayle,
    I love keeping up with your travels. I feel like I am traveling along with you! I love your scrapbook pages. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo's are incredible. Nice way to keep memories alive. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Debbie - You couldn't possibly look "creepy." :) And you're most welcome for that comment on your Simple Pleasures post. I so meant it. As for superwoman, nobody fits that description here. LOL! Wild and crazy, yes. Superwoman, no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Kindred spirits - Many thanks for your warm thoughts and comments. Hugs all around.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle