Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Airing of the Quilts ~ A Blog Party Event in November


OK, I'm stepping out on a limb here, flying by the seat of my pants, but this is something I've wanted to do for a year or so; just now finding the time (and courage, perhaps) to run with it and see what happens.

I'm looking for all quilt lovers or collectors or creators or designers or quilters ... if you love quilts, and have some you'd like to show off, this is the linky party for you!

On November 5th and 6th, I will be hosting a two-day link-up blog party. I'm calling it "The Airing of the Quilts," and I hope you will link-up. I've never quilted a thing, but I do love quilts and my mother makes quilts and I've managed to accrue an impressive pile of them through the years--some have been in the family since the 1920s; others as new as August 2010.

Each of my quilts touch my heart in their own unique way, so why not share their beauty and history with fellow-quilt lovers? That was my thinking. And I'd love to see your favorites, as well. From what I've observed, the talent out in blogland for quilts and quilting is enormous.

I hope you will grab this party button from my sidebar and put it on your sidebar, so your friends and followers will know about this one-time event, and maybe consider stopping by and getting in on the fun.

Thanks for your interest. I hope to see you at the party on November 5th and 6th.

PLEASE HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're invited to join me here every Thursday for Simple Pleasures.

10 comments:

  1. Dayle, this sounds like a great idea. I love quilts but I've never made one either. I do have one to show off though so I'm looking forward to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun will this be! I collect (and use) vintage quilts and can't wait to see the posts. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this ~ I can wait to see some beautiful and cherished quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dayle, thank you for the visit, seems like I never have time to blog hop anymore...but I think today is that day. Your upcoming link party sounds like fun. I have a few quilts ( I love quilts)but most are in storage. So don't know if I am going to be able to participate. But I will definitely be peeking in for a view of some of them.

    In your other post labeled "home" I saw one beautiful one that was hanging on a line. Can you say AWESOME?

    Hope your having a blessed day.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love quilts...I have never made one, though it is STILL on my list as maybe some day. I don't have one either except for a small one my precious mom made me for my 50th birthday. It is just a beginner quilt but the sentiment behind it can never be duplicated.
    This sounds like a wonderful idea. Have a wonderful day. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure this won't surprise you, but what I have is a quilt TOP. Of course, I would manage to get my hands on an unfinished project.

    Would that count? Can I just pretend it's the full thing?

    I'm desperately trying to horn in on another Dayle party. You're such a good hostess and all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dayle,
    Drat and double drat...I will be away that weekend and won't be able to participate but know that I will be supporting your party when I return!

    ~Jean
    P.S. And like Debbie (Words on Wheels) I bought a very old quilt TOP at a flea market and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dayle, thank you for planning such a lovely event-I'm sure there will be some wonderful quilts coming out of the cupboards! I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful creations:-) blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did it, I did it! It's on my sidebar...count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how lovely! I don't quilt...although it's something I've been wanting to attempt someday. I do have a beloved quilt that has connections to so many loved ones, so I'm going to try to remember to create a post around that and link up with you!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle