Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chocolate Cobbler ~ Simple Pleasures

Welcome to another Simple Pleasures event. If you’re here for the first time, please click on the Simple Pleasures tab above for important information before linking up. If you check back and discover your link has been deleted, please re-read guidelines. 



I'm not the greatest food photographer. Matter of fact, I pretty much suck at it. But believe me when I say that what you're looking at is one of life's yummiest simple pleasures. It's called a chocolate cobbler, and the recipe follows. It's so simple to make I bet you have everything you need to make it for tomorrow's dessert, or tonight's indulgence. If you love chocolate, this will knock your socks off!


CHOCOLATE COBBLER

1/2 stick butter
3/4 C sugar
1 C self-rising flour
2 Tbsp cocoa
A dash of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C milk

Melt butter in 8” baking dish (I use square) and set aside. In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, and cocoa. Stir in milk and vanilla. Mix well and pour into baking dish with melted butter. DO NOT stir.

Topping:

3/4 C sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 C chopped pecans (more or less if desired; optional)
1 C HOT water

In medium bowl, mix dry ingredients, then pour hot water in and mix with a spoon. Pour mixture over the batter in baking dish. DO NOT stir. (If you prefer, you can save the pecans and sprinkle over last.)

Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.

The top will be cake-like and the bottom will yield all of the ooey, gooey goodness. Can be served with vanilla ice-cream, whipped topping, or alone.
Recipe source: Magdalene Bonds (Recipes Then And Now )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's your simple pleasure? Do tell.

Edited 3/5/11 - I apologize for missing thumbnails. Mr. Linky upgraded to new servers and there were a few glitches along the way. The links still work, but some thumbnails were lost, out of millions that had to be transferred, so ... it's all good.



37 comments:

  1. Your photography is wonderful. I think I gained a few pounds just by looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy~I have made this, but did not put pecans. It looks delicious and I know it tastes wonderful with a bowl of icecream! Joining you this week and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious, Dayle! Hope you'll enter my giveaway!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayle, I am sitting here tonight, wishing I had something like this to snack on. Thanks for this recipe, I will try it. It looks so delicious!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a good food photographer at all either, but this looks DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, girlfriend... this sounds heavenly! I will copy the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I do have those ingredients. I'm making this for dessert tomorrow for sure. Thank you and thank you for hosting as always, Dayle. Great picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lost me for a minute in Chuckle Land at "I pretty much suck at it". I join you in that corner. I always wonder how others make it look so appetizing.

    BUT...

    I'll also join you for some of that cobbler because that picture makes it look verrrry tempting so you can't be too bad at it.

    See you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Chocolate Cobbler looks great. I don't think I have heard of this recipe.
    Dayle, I apologize. i usually link up to several parties. I had forgotten your guidelines. I looked to see if I could remove my link. I cannot. Perhaps you can remove it from your end. Sorry for the inconvenience. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dayle,
    Chocolate and cobbler. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will definitely have to make this for me and the hubby. This is right up our alley. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmmmm!!! Chocolate is always a good thing. Thanks for sharing the recipe and the simple pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my yumminess!! Dayle, this sounds and looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dayle,
    This looks soooo goooood! I need an easy recipe to make the next time I have to bring something to a potluck. This will be perfect. Thanks!



    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chocolate Cobbler. My very favorite chocolate dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks delicious. The pecans sound like a good idea. I will certainly try this recipe. Thankyou for letting me share again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Dayle,
    This is my first entry and I have enjoyed being part of it. Hopefully you will drop by and say hi
    Great recipe
    Blessings
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dayle this is fabulous!
    It looks just right for our autumn weather 'Down Under".
    Thanks for the recipe, I know my hubby and I will love it :-)
    bless you..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a fan of anything with nuts in so this looks great to me. I'll have to try this recipe with my grandsons. They all three love baking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did a food pleasure this week also. Chocolate cobbler sounds so good. I am going to copy it for use later. As soon as I lose another 10 pounds. Which at the rate I'm going will be in another 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this does look pretty yummy...and something I can even do with the kids...they'll love it. Thanks for including the recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh that looks heavenly. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now that looks wonderful..now is it calorie free? Oh I must try it out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had never heard of chocolate cobbler until visiting an Alabama friend and she made it for us. She did not top hers with pecans though. I bet those add a great taste to an already great dessert!

    I found your blog this morning and look forward to reading here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks delicious... thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Chocolate and cobbler...uh oh, I do think this one spells trouble for me. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My, this looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing and thank you also for hosting. Have a great week.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Dayle...Congratulations on 36 entires to Simple Pleasures! Also, the cobbler looks yummified! Have a super day. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  29. That looks like good food photography to me! Also looks like a very yummy cobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dayle, your chocolate cobbler looks amazing! I'm sitting here eating the lazy version, yep, popping chocolate chips into my mouth:@)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This looks soooooooooo yummy! I sure wished my 2ds wasn't allergic to nuts. But he can have them once in a while and maybe this would be a time to have some. [0= Thank you soooooooo much for sharing this. I had never heard of this before and it looks like a GOOD one.

    Blessings<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yum! I hope I didn't short out my keyboard from drooling on it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That looks delicious and easy to convert to gluten/dairy free! Thank you and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dayle, it is March 5 and I can't find Mr. Linky for this week! I'll check back again tomorrow...no big deal!
    ~~Cheryl Ann~~

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, Dayle ~ I was wondering if you would mind if I shared this recipe for chocolate cobbler on my blog. Everyone here at my house LOVES IT!! and I mentioned us having it on Mother's Day, and several ladies want the recipe. I will give you credit as to where I found it. Please let me know if this is o.k. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle