Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Balanced Diet ~ Simple Pleasures

This may be a “controversial” simple pleasure, but I’m running with it anyway. (hehe)

One of the keys to success, on any level, is learning the art of balance. Whether it’s balancing work and play, or balancing spirituality with living in the real world, balance is vital to living a successful and healthy life.

And, in my opinion, that includes a balanced diet. If you aren't sure what a balanced diet is, take a look at the image and you'll see what one looks like. (Click to enlarge.)


To be honest, I actually enjoy eating a balanced diet, and I do find it to be a simple pleasure. Does that mean I always eat a balanced diet? Alas, no, but whenever I over-indulge in any area of eating, my body resists and sends me warning signals. If I’m smart, I will listen and make the needed adjustments to my diet.

So … this may seem a bit off-the-wall, but my simple pleasure this week is simply a balanced diet. It not only simplifies my life, my body appreciates it.


What about you? What have you discovered as a simple pleasure lately? You’re invited to link up here and share, but, please, please … read the guidelines before linking up. While I appreciate your interest in Simple Pleasures, it’s a bit unique. So, if you link up and discover later that your link has been deleted, it isn’t personal. You’ll find the reason why in the guidelines. And, if you don’t, feel free to contact me.

I will be offline tomorrow, but will be by to see you soon. 


18 comments:

  1. A very important simple pleasure. I know my body feels better when I eat right. (Something I need to do more often.) Makes me feel better just thinking about it. :)

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about keeping things balanced in life and usually find and try to maintain that mindset. It is especially easy for me to lose that balance when it comes to eating. I much prefer the hearty meats and tempting desserts to the healthier fruits and veggies. (I say that after just finishing a slice of cherry pie) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good simple pleasure, Dayle. When the balance of food is off (especially with sugar), it throws my whole being off. Good one! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something I learn and learn again, Dayle; balance in the seasons of life as a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Balance. Something I have a strong opinion about. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Balance-so important. I, too, can tell when I don't eat balanced. I just don't feel as clean inside. This was a good simple pleasure:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wisdom in your simple post this week. We need balance even spiritually. God meets us and teaches us through the most natural and everyday common sense lessons and we are often way too spiritual to grasp it. Children are a good example of where our heart should be. I'm just thankful for laughter. I laugh so much that you could say the scales are tipped for me in that department. I say, let them be!! hehehe

    Thanks for sharing, Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a simple pleasure with not so simple consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you Dayle...When I eat healthy it makes me feel healthy. This is a great reminder for me b/c I get away from doing it.....mostly 'cause life gets busy and I get lazy. Thanks for following your heart and posting this. And today...that's exactly what I'm gonna do...be good to myself and eat healthy ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Without this one, the other simple pleasures would not be as enjoyable!

    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Klok visdom. Balans i kost, motion och tillräckligt med sömn. Kunskapen har jag men... Dåliga vanor är svårt att bryta. Att på morgonen vakna hungrig! Ett enkelt nöje som jag med mitt natt- ätande ofta tappar. Önskar dig en skön helg! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the simple reminder! Tis the season for ice cream and desserts. While it tastes good, I always feel heavy afterward. Balance in all things has always been my soapbox but my brother says balance is only defined by what side of road you're on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely a great one, Dayle. As for me, especially with the fibro, when my diet is out of balance, I am out of balance right along with it.
    It's, well, simple.

    I won't be linking up today, but I will look forward to reading these over the weekend.
    I have the simple pleasure of preparing for the husband's big 5-0 today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to each a well balanced diet, I am trying to do better ....Thanks for allowing us to come together and share our little pleasures
    May you be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I could stick to a balanced diet, I do try. Need to try harder I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know EXACTLY what you mean about a balanced diet!!
    My downfall is fried ANYTHING, but I always "pay" later!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always appreciate when recipes show pictures. But this is even better! You get the meals!
    I'm a lazy cook but with this pictures it's a good thing (balanced or not!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so true for me too! When I don't eat right my body screams at me.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle