Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Attitude Matters : A Parable

I don't know who wrote the following little story, but it remains one of my favorite attitude parables and it's too good not to share. If you've heard it already, just humor me.


There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three strands of hair on her head.

Well,” she said, “I think I’ll braid my hair today.” So she did, and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two strands of hair on her head.

“Hmm,” she said, “I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.” So she did, and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one strand of hair on her head.

“Well,” she said, “today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail.” So she did, and she had a fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single strand of hair on her head.

“YAY!” she exclaimed, “I don't have to fix my hair today!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attitude is everything. In the words of Emory Austin, "Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway."






15 comments:

  1. Ha-ha! I've actually not heard that one before. It is great! It is certainly true that we should do the best with what we've got and not always be wishing for more.

    My 15 year old has been asking about hair on my side of the family as he heard that balding comes from the mom's side and he is worried about losing his hair. :/ I don't think he need to worry about it. :)

    Have a wonderful Wednesday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I needed that today. Thanks, Dayle. Seeking simple pleasures this week - sharing same tomorrow!
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard that one before, and it made me smile. I think there might be a second verse though. You know, where she starts with the one hair on her chin...

    Just kidding. You gave me a happy start this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard this story either.
    We as women worry about our hair more then other really important things.
    This really brings the point home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha haha That was a cute story, Dayle. Loved it. So true, too. I'll remember next time I'm combing my thin hair. ha ha hahah Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dayle, I have never heard this but I do think it is wonderful. Certainly makes one think, doesn't it?

    Attitude is everything.....yes, it is!!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I had not read that one. Great attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time hearing this.. I love this woman, talk about making lemonade that rocksFirst time hearing this.. I love this woman, talk about making lemonade that rocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard it before either but I love it. I also like the quotation at the bottom, even though I found it sort of a little sad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had not heard this one before, Dayle, but I LOVE it!!! Thank you for sharing it.

    Guess where I'm headed? I'm headed to Barnes & Noble for a copy of Gift from the Sea. I've been meaning to get it since I read your vacation post last month. I thought a fruend had ordered two copies but honestly, I just wanna read it now. ;)

    Hope you're enjoying your day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, Dayle. Elisabeth Eliot once said, "we can't always choose our circumstances, but we can choose our attiitude."

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! It is so true. It's all about how we react to life's situations! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I´m your new follower. If you like have also a look to my blog :)
    I like the idea from your meme.
    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle