Saturday, July 16, 2011

Do Not Be Anxious : Matthew 6:25-33

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?


Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?


And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?


And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin


Yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.


But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?


Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'

For your heavenly Father knows that you need these things.

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photo source: Beauty by God; photos by Dayle





18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You can stop by my place and take a walk with me through the countryside of Nepal. :) Have a blessed day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what the Healer ordered for me this morning.
    I particularly loved the flowers of the field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of God's creation coupled with a promising passage of Scripture.

    Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures are beautiful....nothing like capturing God's beautiful creations.
    Have a sweet and blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of my favorite scripture...loved the photos too. Have a blessed day...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, thanks for that message, Dayle. Have a wonderful day. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dayle, so beautiful and perfect for today. Makes all of think, doesn't it. Peace! Knowing!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures... perfect for the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dayle this is beautiful scripture and I SO needed to remember this right now! I am writing this in my Journal right now to read over and over. Thank you! Your photos are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so needed this reminder today as I patiently wait to hear an answer from the Lord on a couple of issues. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here I was, in a big fat hurry .... but these wonderful pictures and scripture just calmed my head and heart. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVED this.... perfect for me today...

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dayle,
    One of my favorite passages. It is so calming to a worried mind.


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sure puts things into focus, its about the important things not the artificial foolishness we indulge inThis sure puts things into focus, its about the important things not the artificial foolishness we indulge in

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, the photos just wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dayle - This is beautiful! You are gifted with words AND images! This is a favored verse in my heart - treasured for the peace it ministers. Your photos illustrate it perfectly! Thanks for posting!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was beautiful in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle