Monday, August 15, 2011

Postcards from the Road ~ Utah and Back Issues

The retirees left the gorgeous state of Utah on Saturday. Cloud Nine blew through Nevada on Saturday, spending the night in Reno, then on to California yesterday.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you much about anything since Saturday, as I've been dealing with a congenital back issue and have not been able to get outdoors, nor hardly look out the windows. For that reason, I've not been online much, as I can only sit for short periods. I'm not happy about this (I miss visiting my favorite bloggers), but there isn't anything I can do about it. Thank God for a wonderful husband who helps me whenever my back gets out of whack.

Diesel seemed to sense something wasn't quite right with his Maw Maw. When we left Utah, The Man let out one of the sofas so I could ride more comfortably. Next thing I know, I've got 75 pounds of dog on top of me. In spite of being in pain, I managed to snap a few photos of Diesel taking care of me.

Here he is, laying on my stomach, his leg draped across my body.

My personal foot-warmer.

Again, he's laying on my stomach, determined to stay close. :)

Sometimes you just have to stop and obey the needs of your body. For now, that is to move as little as possible. UGH! In the meantime, I thought you might enjoy seeing some pics from our three days in Utah.

 We stopped at this amazing viewing area, shortly after crossing the state line.

We huffed and puffed all the way up this hill.

The boys rested a spell.

That's me saying, "Are you getting the mountain behind me?" (I've since been informed that is not really a mountain, but, hey. It looks like one to me.)

Diesel didn't know what to think of all the traffic so far below.
This is his first trip out of Texas.

We stayed in Salt Lake City for three days, a place we've both been to several times. It is a beautiful city, surrounded by mountains.

The Mormon temple is a magnificent structure, best seen at night.
We were able to hear the choir rehearse on Thursday evening.
They rehearse in a conference center across the street.

Friday, we visited the State of Utah capitol building.

See that speck of red at the top of the stairs? That's me.
(Hmmmm .... wonder if climbing all those steps contributed to my back issue rearing its ugly head?)

The Man joined me for a picture.

The view was breathtaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks for sharing this journey with me. I would appreciate your prayers for a quick recovery. Hope to visit with you all very soon.








17 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! Dogs have a way of knowing when something is going on. Such a doll! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious!! Hope you're up and running (or at least walking slowly) soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dayle....I completely feel for you and, yes, those stairs and walking and climbing may have all contributed. I just got over laying flat on my back for two weeks, a little over a week ago.

    Didn't have a lot to point fingers at, other than me doing some funny moves in the pool - working muscles I'd not worked much all winter - and then simply walking, bending wrong and {{slip}} - something inside there just slipped and tightened me into a charlie horse feeling :(

    Heal well, my friend. As always, I love your doggy!!! All 75 pounds of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's GORGEOUS. Now, I want to visit Utah.

    And I'm so sorry about your back, Dayle. I hope you get a chance to read this. Please know that you will be lifted in prayer for complete restoration so you can enjoy your trip.

    Be well, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at the sweet Diesel loving you all better. I'll be praying too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dayle,
    So sorry to hear about your back...hope you will be feeling much better soon. Love the way your Diesel took care of you on the trip. Utah looks beautiful...never been there but would like to see it someday. Hope you'll be well enough to egt back "on the road" soon!
    Take good care,
    Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dayle,
    So sorry about your back troubles. I know it's not fun and I'll be praying for your recovery so you can continue your wonderful trip. I love the way Diesel takes care of you by lying on you with his leg over you. So adorable. Great pictures of Utah - looks like a beautiful state.

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your back recovers soon -- I once bent over to pick something up, sneezed while bent over, and . . . six months of sciatica. Yikes! Be careful with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yea, Diesel loves you and wants to take care of you. His 75 lbs. is a lot of LOVE laying on you.

    Sent up a prayer for recovery, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you! I'm so sorry you're in pain. At least you've got good caregivers in your midst.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on the back issues thing. I'm seeing my chiropractor on Friday - I have two pinched nerves and I have radiating pain down my arms and legs. Ya! So, when I say "I feel your pain" - I do. Bless you! The Lord is our healer - may we draw nearer Lord to Thee . . .
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also have back issues and it seems to act up at the worst possible times! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery.

    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you back is better...glad you have such a great nurse! We drive past Salt Lake City often...but have never really explored it... must do that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great pictures - Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful, thanks for sharing Utah with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dayle,
    So sorry to hear about your back. I am praying for a quick recovery.
    I am sure Diesel is having a great time! He is so beautiful and loving - typical traits of his breed.
    The tour of Cloud Nine on your previous post was great.
    Looking forward to Thursday...as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ditto, ditto, ditto ... what SO many have expressed. One can never receive TOO many prayer thoughts, right?

    I'm so enjoying these pictures, particularly your tour of Cloud Nine! Actually, I think I'd enjoy living that way, but DH might disagree. Darn compromise - LOL!

    Hugs to Diesel!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle