Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thinking Inside the Box

If it has four sides and a bottom, chances are it would make a great planter ... or a home for just about anything else.


If I recall correctly, The Man had this old wooden box when we married in 1980.


No idea from whence it came, but I've make good use of it.
 ...


I bought this old dynamite crate in an antique store years ago.

It's yielded itself nicely to a variety of plants through the years.
 ...

This old wooden pail (with handle) came from a remnant shop in McComb, Mississippi many years ago.

I enjoy using it for seasonal plants and flowers.
...
  

One of the most versatile (smaller) containers  is the popular cream cheese box.

When using box containers, you are only limited by your imagination.


Joining Marty's Tabletop Tuesday event.




15 comments:

  1. Planting is a great hobby, not to mention a healthy way to eat. We just started planting last summer and the results have been wonderful. Keep up the good work!

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using old boxes and baskets as planters and getting creative with other uses too. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayle,
    you have done such a great job of making use of these wonderful crates! You must have a God given green thumb to keep these plants green and alive!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayle, I just love all the beautiful boxes and plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these. I have become enamored of that look since discovering blog land. My mom recently gave me an old wooden tool box. I can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Dayle. Really cool containers. Take care and Happy New Year! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delighted to meet you, Dayle and to discover your blog via Sandy at Reluctant Entertainer. Your apron is on the way and should be there any day. The rustic charm of these crates is just my style. Have enjoyed browsing through your blog and I plan to stop by often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you used those boxes, it says, Ta-Da!
    They add such an emphasis. Love the boxes, also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great and fabulous collection of boxes. I love them all. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your boxes and how you've re-purposed them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am pretty impressed by your "green thumb"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dayle,
    I love the one with the handle...I don't think I've ever seen one just like it.
    Thank you so much for your prayers...God is so good - all the time. I've met with a great doctor for a second opinion and he has set me up with a breast surgeon for an evaluation next week at Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia. Will keep you posted.
    L,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've come up with some beautiful ways to use your collection of wooden boxes. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always see these box containers at flea markets and never know how to use them. What great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle